Date of Birth
March 26, 1984
Place of Birth
- 06/2011 - 05/2014
Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, University of Göttingen, Germany
Affiliated with the Research Training Goup (RTG) 'Transformation of Global Agri-Food Systems: Trends, Driving Forces and Implications for Developing Countries' (GlobalFood)
Doctoral dissertation: 'Decision Making under Uncertainty in Developed and Developing Countries: An Experimental Analysis of Farmers' Risk Attitude and Investment Behavior'
- 10/2008 - 05/2011
M.Sc. of Agricultural Sciences in the Tropics and Subtropics (Graduate Major: Rural Development Economics), University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Master thesis in collaboration with the German Technical Cooperation (GTZ) GmbH: "Using Seasonal Rainfall Forecasts for Adapting Food Production to Climate Variability: A household survey in the Sio-Malaba-Malakisi River Basin of Uganda"
- 03/2010 - 07/2010
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago de Chile, Chile
Student Exchange Semester
- 04/2005 - 07/2008
B.Sc. of Agricultural Sciences (Graduate Major: Crop Sciences), University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Bachelor thesis: "Water Resources Management in Rural Areas in Thailand"
- -09/1995 - 07/2004
Johannes-Kepler-Gymnasium, Reutlingen, Germany
University Entrance Diploma
- 01/2015 - Present Postdoctoral Researcher - GlobalFood RTG, Department for Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, University of Göttingen, Germany
- 06/2011 - 12/2014 Doctoral Researcher - GlobalFood RTG, Department for Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, University of Göttingen, Germany
- 09/2010 - 12/2010 Intern - Project "Transboundary Water Cooperation in the Nile Basin", German Technical Cooperation (GTZ) GmbH, Kampala, Uganda
- 08/2009 - 10/2009 Intern - Project "Management of Water Resources", German Technical Cooperation (GTZ) GmbH, Amman, Jordan
- 01/2009 - 07/2009 Student Research Assistant - Department for Agricultural Economics and Social Sciences, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
- 08/2008 - 09/2008 Intern - Department of Management and Sustainable Use of Plant Genetic Resources, Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Center (CATIE), Turrialba, Costa Rica
- 04/2007 - 08/2007 Intern - Department of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (BMELV), Bonn, Germany
- 10/2005 - 03/2010 Student Research Assistant - Department of Crop Sciences, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
- 09/2004 - 03/2005 Farm Worker, Work & Travel New Zealand
- German Research Foundation, Academic Career Support Grant
Awarded postdoctoral position in the GlobalFood RTG, 2015
- German Research Foundation, Doctoral Research Position
Awarded doctoral position in the GlobalFood RTG, 2011-2014
- Fiat Panis Foundation, Dr. Hermann Eiselen-Research Grant
Awarded Master thesis research grant for Uganda, 2010
- Baden-Württemberg Foundation, Baden-Württemberg Grant
Awarded exchange student at the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago de Chile, Chile, 2010
- MENTHO program, Mentoring at the University of Hohenheim
Awarded sponsorship of ambitious women in academia, 2008-2011
Grants and Scholarships
English (business fluent)
Spanish (very good)
Ihli, H.J., Maart-Noelck, S.C. and Musshoff, O. (2013). Does Timing Matter? A Real Options Experiment to Farmers? Investment and Disinvestment Behaviors. In: Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 58(3), 430?452.
Ihli, H.J.; Chiputwa, B.; Mußhoff, O. (2013): Does Changing Probabilities or Payoffs in Lottery-Choice Experiments Matter? Evidence from Rural Uganda. Global Food Discussion Paper Series No. 24.
Ihli, H.J.; Mußhoff, O.(2013): Investment Behavior of Ugandan Smallholder Farmers: An Experimental Analysis. Global Food Discussion Paper Series No. 21.
Ihli, H.J.; Mußhoff, O.(2013): Investment Behavior of Ungandan Smallholder Farmers: An Experimental Analysis. Agricultural & Applied Economics Association's AAEA & CAES Joint Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013 in Washington DC, USA.
Ihli, H.J.; Chiputwa, B.; Bauermeister, F.G.; Mußhoff, O.(2013): Measuring Risk Attitudes of Smallholder Farmers in Uganda: How Consistent are Results of Different Methods? The Second International Agricultural Risk, Finance and Insurance Conference (IARFIC), June, 16-18, 2013 in Vancouver, Canada.
Ihli, H.J.; Maart-Noelck, S.C.; Mußhoff, O.(2013): Investment and Disinvestment under Uncertainty: A Real Options Experiment. Annual Meeting of the SCC-76 ' Economics and Management of Risk in Agriculture and Natural Resources' Group, March, 14-16, 2013 in Pensacola, USA.
Ihli, H.J.; Maart, S.C.; Mußhoff, O. (2012): Investment and Disinvestment in Irrigation Technology – - An Experimental Analysis of Farmers’ Decision Behavior. Annual Meeting of the American Agricultural Economics Association (AAEA), August 12-14, 2012, in Seattle, USA.