Dr. Brian Chiputwa was a GlobalFood member from 2011-2014. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Post-doctoral fellow, World Agroforestry Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Doctoral Researcher (Subproject D1 (Link): Smallholder Participation and Household Welfare)
- BSc and MSc in Agricultural Economics in Agricultural Economics, University of Zimbabwe
- MS in Agricultural and Applied Economics, University of Georgia (USA)
- Participation in certified High-value markets: Implications for small farmers in developing countries.
- RTG GlobalFood (April 2011-July 2014)
- University of Georgia, USA (2009-2011)
- International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre (CIMMYT) (2007-2009)
- University of Zimbabwe (2006-2007)
- Impact evaluation
- Linking small farmers to markets
- Adoption of agricultural technologies
- GMO technologies and potential in developing countries
- Environmental economics and policy analysis
a) Peer-reviewed publications or book chapters
- Chiputwa, B., D.J. Spielman, M. Qaim (2015). Food standards, certification, and poverty among coffee farmers in Uganda. World Development 66, 400?412.
b) Other publications
- Chiputwa, B. (2014). Sustainability standards, gender and nutrition among coffee farmers in Uganda. PhD thesis, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Göttingen.
- Chiputwa, B., M. Qaim (2014). Sustainability standards, gender, and nutrition among small-holder farmers in Uganda. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 52, University of Göttingen. www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Chiputwa, B., M. Qaim, D.J. Spielman (2014). Food standards, certification, and poverty among coffee farmers in Uganda. European Association of Agricultural Economics (EAAE), August 26-29, 2014 in Ljubljana, Slovenia https://www.conftool.pro/eaae2014/index.php?page=
- Chiputwa, B., M. Qaim, D.J. Spielman (2013). Food standards, certification, and poverty among coffee farmers in Uganda. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 27. www.unigoettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Ihli, H.J., B. Chiputwa, O. Musshoff (2013). Do changing probabilities or payoffs in lottery-choice experiments matter? Evidence from rural Uganda. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 24. www.unigoettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Ihli, H.J., B. Chiputwa, F.-G. Bauermeister, O. Musshoff (2013). Measuring risk attitudes of smallholder farmers in Uganda: How consistent are results of different methods? The Second International Agricultural Risk, Finance, and Insurance Conference (IARFIC), June 16-18, 2013, Vancouver, Canada. http://www.iarfic.org/IARFIC_2013/13.pdf.