Dr. Prakashan Chellattan Veettil was a GlobalFood member from 2013-2015. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Research Fellow, IRRI (International Rice Research Institute), Delhi, India
Prakashan Chellattan Veettil
Oct, 2013 - Sept, 2015: Post Doctoral Researcher, Georg-August-University Goettingen, Germany
Nov, 2012 - Sept, 2013: Assistant Professor at Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Trivandrum, India
April, 2012 – Oct, 2012: Assistant Professor at Environment and Development Unit, Institute of Economic Growth (IEG), New Delhi, India.
July, 2011 – March, 2012: Post Doctoral Fellow at the Department of Agricultural Economics, Ghent University, Belgium.
FIELD OF RESEARCH
DFG Research Training Group (RTG) 1666 “Transformation of Global Agri-Food Systems: Trends, Driving Forces and Implications for Developing Countries”
Oct 2011: PhD, Ghent University, Belgium
Dissertation: “Irrigation Water Management and Pricing Institutions in Krishna River Basin, India”
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Food supply chains and quality trade
- Technology impact analysis
- Natural resource management, pricing and valuation
- Choice experiments
Teaching at CDS, Trivandrum:
MA 202. Econometrics: Theory and Application (Developed teaching and practical module)
Teaching Assistant for the course Applied Econometrics (2009-2010 second semester) and Research Methods in Agricultural Economics (2010-11 first semester) at the department of Agricultural Economics, Ghent University, Belgium.
a) Peer-reviewed publications or book chapters
- Krishna, V.V, D.J. Spielman, P.C. Veettil (2015). Exploring the supply and demand factors of varietal turnover in Indian wheat. Journal of Agricultural Science. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0021859615000155.´
b) Other publications
- Veettil, P.C., V.V. Krishna, M. Qaim (2014). Bt cotton and ecosystem impact of pesticide reductions. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 41. www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Krishna, V.V, D.J. Spielman, P.C. Veettil, S. Ghimire (2014). An empirical examination on the dynamics of cultivar turnover in Indian wheat. IFPRI Discussion Paper 1336, International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington D.C. www.ifpri.org/sites/default/files/publications/ifpridp01336.pdf