Dr. Hanna Freudenreich was a GlobalFood member from 2014-2018. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops
Dr. Hanna Freudenreich
Field of Research
Risk, Insurance and Technology Adoption in Rural Development
[Chair for Farm Management; Supervisor: Prof. Oliver Mußhoff, GlobalFood Subproject: C3]
Decision Making under Risk
- 04/2014 – 05/2017 Doctoral Degree in Agricultural Economics (Dr. rer. agr.) at Georg-August Universität Göttingen, Department for Agricultural Economics and Rural Development. Thesis: Risk, Insurance and Technology Adoption in Rural Development – Evidence from Southern Mexico (download)
- 08/2011 - 10/2012 Master in Economic Development and Growth at the University Carlos III of Madrid (with Erasmus Mundus Scholarship)
- 04/2006 - 02/2011 Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy & Economics and Bachelor of Science in Economics at the University of Bayreuth and University of Muenster
- 07/2009 - 04/2010 Exchange Semester at the Universidad de los Andes, Santiago de Chile
Peer-reviewed publications or book chapters
- Freudenreich, H., O. Mußhoff (2018). Insurance for Technology Adoption: An Experimental Evaluation of Schemes and Subsidies with Maize Farmers in Mexico. Journal of Agricultural Economics 69(1), 96-120. DOI: 10.1111/1477-9552.12226.
- Freudenreich, H., M. Ibanez, S. Dietrich, O. Musshoff (2018). Formal insurance, risk sharing, and the dynamics of other-regarding preferences. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 115, University of Goettingen. http://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Freudenreich, H. (2017). Risk, Insurance and Technology Adoption in Rural Development – Evidence from Southern Mexico. PhD thesis, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Göttingen. http://hdl.handle.net/11858/00-1735-0000-0023-3E90-9.
- Freudenreich, H. & Musshoff, M. (2016). Insurance as Incentive for Technology Adoption - Experimental Evidence from Maize Farmers in Rural Mexico. 1st Athens Meeting of Behavioural Economics and Experimental Social Sciences, May 9th, 2016, Athens, Greece.
- Freudenreich, H. & Musshoff, M. (2016): Insurance as Incentive for Technology Adoption - Experimental Evidence from Maize Farmers in Rural Mexico. Behavioural Finance Working Group Conference, June 13th-14th, 2016, Queen Mary University of London, UK.
- Dietrich, S.; Freudenreich, H., Ibañez, & M.; Musshoff, O. (2016): Shocks and Solidarity: On the Social Cost of Formal Insurance. Symposium on Economic Experiments in Developing Countries (SEEDEC), July 12th-13th, 2016, Strathmore Business School, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Freudenreich, H. & Musshoff, O. (2016): Insurance for Technology Adoption: An Experimental Evaluation of Schemes and Subsidies with Maize Farmers in Mexico. CEAR/MRIC Behavioral Insurance Workshop 2016, Dec. 12th-13th, 2016, Munich, Germany.
- Freudenreich, H., Wiercinski, B., & Musshoff, O. (2017). The Relationship between Farmers' Shock Experiences and their Uncertainty Preferences. 5th Antigua Experimental Economics Conference, Feb. 24th -25th, 2017, Antigua, Guatemala.
- Freudenreich, H., Hellin, J., & Musshoff, O. (2017): Explaining Hybrid Seed Adoption of Mexican Maize Farmers - The Role of Social Psychology, Risk and Ambiguity Aversion. Third GlobalFood Symposium, April 28th-29th. 2017, University of Goettingen, Germany.