Nina Grassnick was a GlobalFood member from 2017-2020. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Research associate in the climate coordination unit at the Thuenen Institute in Brunswick (Germany). For further information see here
Previous Field of Research
Food Standards and International Trade Flows
[Chair of Agricultural Market Analysis, Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Bernhard Brümmer, Global Food Subproject: A3]
- Development Economics
- International agricultural trade flows
- Food Security
- 10/2013-10/2016 Master of Arts in International Economics (Development Economics) at University of Goettingen and Universidad de Guadalajara (Mexico) / Thesis: "Agricultural Trade Effects of the North American Free Trade Agreement: A Mexican Perspective"
- 10/2010-09/2013 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Economics (Economics) at Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main and Wroclaw University of Economics (Poland) / Thesis: "Institutions and geography as potential explanations for economic growth: Botswana as a case study"
- Flachsbarth, I., N. Grassnick, B. Brümmer (2020). The uneven spread of Global G.A.P. certification. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 137, University of Goettingen. http://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Grassnick, N. and Kopp, T. (2017): “Drivers and constraints for OSH improvement in global value chains – the perspective of research on global food and agriculture supply chains”. In: International Labour Organization (Ed.): Food and agriculture global value chains: Drivers and constraints for occupational safety and health improvement. Volume 1 – Perspectives from relevant research areas. Geneva: ILO, 29-43. https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---ed_dialogue/---lab_admin/documents/publication/wcms_593280.pdf.
- Grassnick, N. and Brümmer, B.: Rainforest Alliance certification and its global trade effects in the cocoa sector (work in progress)
- 09/2018: Tropentag 2018 (poster presentation), Ghent university
- 08/2018: 2018 AAEA Annual Meeting (talk), Washington
- 03/2018: 20th Workshop “International Economics“ (talk), University of Goettingen
- 09/2017: 19th Annual Conference of European Trade Study Group (talk), European University Institute and University of Florence (Italy)