Academic Skills Workshop
The Academic Skills Module enables students to refresh and hone their academic reading and writing skills, to practise conducting research for their own academic projects in the library, and to use exam and course registration systems as well as data management tools. The module can be studied flexibly across two to three semesters and consists of 4 workshops on a variety of academic skills (selected according to students‘ needs and interests), 6 one-on-one study counselling sessions, and a portfolio with 5 assignments. Students receive 6 ECTS for completing the module successfully.
Workshops currently offered include:
- Life at a German University
- Academic Reading (combination of workshop and tutorial)
- Academic Writing (combination of workshop and tutorial)
- Exams and Timetabling
- Structure and Use of Libraries (introductions to working in the seminar and the main libraries, offered in collaboration with the SEP library and the Central Library/SUB)
- Basics for Beginners (offered by the Central Library/SUB): information and registration
- Introduction to Zotero (offered by the Central Library/SUB): information and registration
- For students who wish to improve their approaches to academic writing or who need support with their writing projects, Göttingen University‘s International Writing Centre offers relevant courses and individual counselling.