Dr. Thi Ha Giang Vu
I am a molecular biologist, with expertise in genomics, epigenetics and DNA double-strand break repair. I am currently working on the project with the focus to uncover the genetic and epigenetic variation in Douglas-fir German and North American original seed stands as the factors underlying phenotypic variation on yield-related traits and as the basis for environmental adaptation.
Education and Academic Degrees
• 2007 – Ph.D. in Genetics, University of Greifswald, Germany.
• 2004–2007: Ph.D. studies, Leibnitz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben, Germany.
• 2003- 2004: Diploma equivalence in Biotechnology, University of Greifswald, Germany.
• 2001- 2003: M. Sc. In Biophysics, VNU University of Science, Vietnam.
Position and Employment
• 2020–present: Post-doc, Forest Genetics and Forest Tree Breeding Department, Georg-August University Göttingen, Germany.
• 2013–2019: Post-doc, Leibnitz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK), Gatersleben, Germany.
• 2011–2012: Post-doc, MPIPZ, Dept. of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cologne, Germany.
• 2008–2010: Post-doc, Institute of Biological, Environmental & Rural Sciences (IBERS), Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth, UK.
G.T.H. Vu, H.X. Cao, F. Fauser, B. Reiss, H. Puchta, I. Schubert (2017). “Endogenous sequence patterns predispose the repair modes of CRISPR/Cas9-induced DNA double strand breaks in Arabidopsis thaliana.” Plant J (doi: 10.1111/tpj.13634)
G.T.H. Vu, H.X. Cao, B. Reiss, I. Schubert (2017). “Deletion-bias in DNA double strand break repair differentially contributes to plant genome shrinkage.” New Phytol. (doi: 10.1111/nph.14490)
I. Schubert and G.T.H. Vu (2016). “Genome stability and evolution: attempting a holistic view.” Trends Plant Sci. 21: 749-757. (doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tplants.2016.06.003)
H.X. Cao, T. Schmutzer, U. Scholz, A. Pecinka, I. Schubert and G.T.H. Vu (2015). "Metatranscriptome analysis reveals host-microbiome interactions in traps of carnivorous Genlisea species." Front Microbiol 6. (doi:10.3389/fmicb.2015.00526)
G.T.H. Vu, T. Schmutzer, F. Bull, H. X. Cao, J. Fuchs, T. D. Tran, G. Jovtchev, K. Pistrick, N. Stein, A. Pecinka, P. Neumann, P. Novak, J. Macas, P. H. Dear, F. R. Blattner, U. Scholz and I. Schubert (2015). "Comparative genome analysis reveals divergent genome size evolution in a carnivorous plant genus." The Plant Genome. (doi:10.3835/plantgenome2015.04.0021)
G.T.H. Vu, H.X. Cao, K. Watanabe, G. Hensel, F.R. Blattner, J. Kumlehn and I. Schubert (2014). "Repair of site-specific DNA double-strand breaks in barley occurs via diverse pathways primarily involving the sister chromatid." Plant Cell 26(5): 2156-2167. (doi: 10.1105/tpc.114.126607)
A. Pecinka, A. Abdelsamad, G.T.H. Vu (2013) Hidden genetic nature of epigenetic natural variation in plants. Trends Plant Sci., 18, 625-632. (doi: 10.1016/ j.tplants.2013.07.005)