Service for Hosting Institutes
The Welcome Centre offers advice and support in all non-academic matters and operates as a central contact point for the entire university. It alleviates a number of administrative matters. The aim is to establish best conditions for the incoming scholars to help them fulfil their work successfully at the university and to promote their integration in Göttingen.
The Welcome Centre offers assistance in the following fields:
- visa and residence permit
- search for accommodation
- questions regarding formalities such as insurance, taxes, etc.
- questions concerning childcare and schooling
- social integration of scholars and their families
- problems of scholars and their families in everyday life
The Welcome Centre provides support for researchers who have completed their doctorate and are coming to Göttingen for guest stays of 1 month or longer or for employment. For doctoral students who will be enrolled at the University of Göttingen, the support services of the International Student Office and the Accommodation Service for Students are available.
The International Office
The Welcome Centre is not barrier-free. Please contact us if you need assistance.