Parlitz, Ulrich, (apl.) Prof. Dr.
- since 2010 Scientist, Max Planck Research Group Biomedical Physics, Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Göttingen
- 2001 apl. Professor of Physics, Georg-August-University, Göttingen, Head of Complex Dynamical Systems group (Third Physical Institute, Georg-August-University, Göttingen)
- 1997 Habilitation in Physics, Georg-August-University, Göttingen
- 1994-2001 Scientific Assistent, Third Physical Institute, Georg-August-University, Göttingen
- 1989-1994 Research Associate, Inst. for Applied Physics, Technical University of Darmstadt
- 1987 PhD in Physics, Georg-August-University, Göttingen
- 1984 Diploma in Physics, Georg-August-University, Göttingen
- Visiting Positions: Santa Fe Institute (1992), Dept. of Computer Science and Electrical Eng. UC Berkeley (1992), Inst. for Nonlinear Science, UC San Diego (2002, 2003)
- P. Manoonpong, U. Parlitz, F. Wörgötter (2013) Neural Control and Adaptive Neural Forward Models for Insect-like, Energy-Efficient, and Adaptable Locomotion of Walking Machines. Frontiers in Neural Circuits 7(12), published online 13. Feb. 2013, doi: 10.3389/fncir.2013.00012
- P.V. Kuptsov and U. Parlitz Theory and Computation of Covariant Lyapunov Vectors. Journal of Nonlinear Science, Volume 22, Issue 5, 727-762, doi: 10.1007/s00332-012-9126-5
- E. Wagner, M. Lauterbach, T. Kohl, V. Westphal, G.S.B. Williams, J.H. Steinbrecher, J.H. Streich, B. Korff, H.-T.M. Tuan, B. Hagen, S. Luther, G. Hasenfuss, U. Parlitz, M.S. Jafri, S.W. Hell, W.J. Lederer and S.E. Lehnart (2012) STED Live Cell Super-Resolution Imaging Shows Proliferative Remodeling of T-Tubule Membrane Structures After Myocardial Infarction. Circulation Research, doi: 10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.112.274530
- U. Parlitz, S. Berg, S. Luther, A. Schirdewan, J. Kurths, N. Wessel (2012)Classifying Cardiac Biosignals using Ordinal Pattern Statistics and Symbolic Dynamics. Computers in Biology and Medicine, Volume 42, Issue 3, 319–327 :10.1016/j.compbiomed.2011.03.017
- J. Schumann-Bischoff, U. Parlitz (2011) State and parameter estimation using unconstrained optimization. Phys. Rev. E 84, 056214
- Bittihn P, Luther G, Bodenschatz E, Krinsky V, Parlitz U, Luther S (2008) Far field pacing supersedes anti-tachycardia pacing in a generic model of excitable media, New J. Phys. 10 No 10, 103012
- Yu D, Parlitz U (2008) Driving a network to steady states reveals its cooperative architecture, Europhysics Letters 81, 48007
- Ahlborn A, Parlitz U (2007) Controlling spatio-temporal chaos using multiple delays, Physical Review E 75, 065202(R)
- Ahlborn A, Parlitz U (2006) Chaos control using notch filter feedback, Physical Review Letters 96, 034102
- Abarbanel HDI, Parlitz U (2006) Nonlinear Analysis of Time Series Data , in: Handbook of Time Series Analysis, Eds. Björn Schelter, Matthias Winterhalder, and Jens Timmer, pp. 5-33, WILEY-VCH Verlag, Weinheim, 2006.
Major Research Interests
Nonlinear systems like neurons, lasers, or (periodically driven) nonlinear oscillators exhibit a variety of dynamical phenomena including different types of bifurcations and chaotic oscillations. What are typical features of these systems and their dynamical states, how can they be investigated using observed time series, only, and what happens if such systems are coupled? These are typical questions leading to research topics like bifurcation and time series analysis, data based modelling, synchronization and control of dynamical systems, and network analysis. Further research interests are self-organization and (spiral) wave dynamics in spatially extended systems, including structure formation in acoustic cavitation and turbulent excitation waves in excitable media. The latter may cause arrhythmias or other malfunctions of the heart and are one of the main topics of our ongoing work on modelling, analyzing, and controlling cardiac dynamics.
Homepage Department/Research Group
Selected Recent Publications