University Foundation Committee
The University Foundation Committee advises the University, decides on Foundation matters of fundamental importance pertaining exclusively to the University and supervises the activities of the Presidential Board of the Foundation. It has the following tasks in particular:
- Nomination or appointment and dismissal of the members of the Presidential Board of the University,
- Decisions on changes and charges to the basic assets of the Foundation as well as on taking up credits,
- Budget approval,
- Acceptance of the statement of accounts of the Presidential Board,
- Approval of annual accounts as well as exoneration of the Presidential Board of the Foundation,
- Endorsement to the founding of civil law companies or investing in such companies,
- Legal supervision over the University,
- Decisions on changes to the Foundation bylaws as well as orders, changes and repeal of other bylaws of the Foundation.
It can comment on the drafts of target agreements which the Presidential Board is to make with the Lower Saxony Ministry of Science and Culture ("Niedersächsisches Ministerium für Wissenschaft und Kultur" - MWK) (§ 60 Abs. 2 NHG).
The members of the University Foundation Committee are:
- Five members who are familiar with the University but are not affiliated with it, preferably coming from economic, research or cultural fields and who have been appointed by the MWK in consultation with the University Senate
- A member of the University, selected by the University Senate, as well as
- A representative of the MWK
The meetings of the University Foundation Committee are attended in advisory capacity by the members of the Presidential Board, the spokesperson of the Management Board Medical School, the chairman of the University's Staff Council, the University's Equal Opportunity Officer and a representative of the student body.