Ten Reasons to Study With Us
|What makes studying English in Göttingen so attractive? Why should students decide to come here, if nearly every other university also offers a BA programme on English Studies? Here's ten reasons to choose English at Göttingen - and anyone thinking about studying with us is very welcome to visit us and attend courses to see that we really are as attractive as we say!|
- All our courses are held in English.
- English can be combined with a very large number of highly attractive other subjects that suit nearly every interest.
- We have a sizeable departmental library of our own where students can even request that books be purchased for their research projects.
- Göttingen University Library has a special collection of publications on all aspects of English and North American literature and culture - there's books aplenty to read and use!
- If you are interested in the Middle Ages (or hobbits), we offer you courses on medieval English as a discipline of its own - very few universities in the north of Germany can boast of that.
- Göttingen University is one of only three universities in Lower Saxony where English for Vocational Schools is offered.
- We have students from all over the world - interculturality is not only a subject we teach!
- Our Students Representatives are very active and regularly organise parties for students and staff, but also offer events on timetabling, introducing the University or going abroad for all students.
- Göttingen is a beautiful mid-sized city: you only need a bike to get around - and it is a really good place to study!
- Göttingen is right in the centre of Germany: whether you travel by car or by train, you'll get to your destination in next to no time.
So: Study English at Göttingen!