Yahyapour, Ramin, Prof. Dr. Ing.
Managing Director of Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen
- since 2014 Council for information infrastructures, Joint Science Conference. Administrative board, DFN. Chief Information Officer, University and University Medical Center Göttingen
- since 2012 IT commission, Speaker of network commission, DFG
- since 2011 Full Professor, Practical Computer Science, University of Göttingen. Managing Director of Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen
- 2007–2011 Director “IT and Media Center”, Scientific Coordinator FP7 Project SLA@SOI, TU Dortmund
- 2009–2011 Full Professor, Applied Informatics. Chief Information Officer, TU Dortmund
- 2003–2007 Assistant Professor; Institute Leader. Steering member CoreGRID Network of Excellence, TU Dortmund
- 2002 PhD in Electrical Engineering, TU Dortmund
Major Research Interests
Our research focus is on eScience. We develop methods and tools for computationally or data intensive science in diverse research fields, and digital infrastructures for collaborative research. In joint interdisciplinary research projects, we are the technical counterpart.
We design fitting research data platforms and repositories extended with search engines, digital research and project management tools, archiving solutions and self-services for user management. These data platforms are web-based to support the cross-project use of data, building up knowledge in an integrated wiki and creating joint publications and software. If necessary, it is possible to allow worldwide associated scientists and colleagues from other research institutes outside access to the platform to work on scientific questions together easily. The integrated research tools depend on the research focus. Examples are applications for integrative statistical data analysis, and algorithmic methods or a virtual microscope (high definition zoom).
Our research benefits from the personal union of the Chair of Practical Computer Science and the Management of the GWDG - Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen. The GWDG, founded in 1970 from the Max Planck Society and the University of Göttingen, is an IT service provider for scientific institutions and carries on research in the fields of practical computer science. As a result, we explore application-oriented IT research and offer the results to GWDG’s customers.
GWDG supports large-scale simulations and data analytics, and operates an HPC cluster. As an IT service provider GWDG offers cloud services, virtual machines and server, communication and project management tools, IT security, network, server and database services as well as IT consulting and training. Our application service includes among others bioinformatics and statistical programs.
Selected Recent Publications
- Yang, S., Jiao, L., Yahyapour, R. & J. Cao, J. (2022) Online Orchestration of Collaborative Caching for Multi-Bitrate Videos in Edge Computing. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems 33(12), 4207-4220, doi: 10.1109/TPDS.2022.3182022.
- Doan, T., Bingert, S., Yahyapour, R. (2022) Using a Workflow Management Platform in Textual Data Management. Data Intelligence 2022; 4 (2), 398-408, doi: https://doi.org/10.1162/dint_a_00139.
- Badirova, A., Dabbaghi, S., Moghaddam, F. F., Wieder, P. & Yahyapour, R. (2021) An Optimized Single Sign-On Schema for Reliable Multi -Level Security Management in Clouds. 2021 8th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud), 42-49, doi: 10.1109/FiCloud49777.2021.00014.
- Badirova, A., Dabbaghi, S., Moghaddam, F. F., Wieder, P. & Yahyapour, R. (2021) A Secure and Flexible Method of Permission Delegation Between Different Account Types. 2021 8th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud (FiCloud), 50-57, doi: 10.1109/FiCloud49777.2021.00015.
- Varnosfaderani, S. D., Kasprzak, P., Pohl, C. & Yahyapour, R. (2021) SmartSSO - A Deep Learning Platform for Automated Account Linkage in Federated Identity Management. 2021 IEEE International Conference on Omni-Layer Intelligent Systems (COINS), 1-8, doi: 10.1109/COINS51742.2021.9524207.
- Sadegh, S., Zamanifar, K., Kasprzak, P., Yahyapour, R. (2021) A two-phase virtual machine placement policy for data-intensive applications in cloud. Journal of Network and Computer Applications 180, 103025, ISSN 1084-8045, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2021.103025.