With an internship abroad you can gain international experience, exposure to different working environments, expand your professional network, and improve your language skills - and along the way, improve your chances on the job market! Find out more about the various programmes and funding opportunities for internships abroad.
General tips on organising a stay abroad can be found in the A-Z of planning a stay abroad.
Already found the perfect internship abroad?Programmes that offer funding for travel and living costs
Be sure to check out the application requirements and deadlines.
- Erasmus+ (KA 131) Working E+xperience – Stays abroad in European countries
- PROMOS: Program for the enhancement of the mobility of students of german institutes of higher education of the DAAD
- Israel-Lower Saxony Scholar Exchange (ILSSE)
- BAföG for stays abroad (only for mandatory internships of at least three months) (only available in German)
- Scholarship database of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) (only available in German)
- Scholarships – Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
- H. J. Klein Foundation
- Eidam & Partner Scholarship (only available in German)
- Schmittmann-Wahlen-Foundation (only available in German)
Target group specific programmesTeaching practica and foreign language teaching assistantships
A teaching practicum (school placement) abroad can fulfill the required stay abroad for students in teacher education programmes in the modern languages. In general, practical experience in another education system is valuable for students in all teacher education programmes, even in those not pursuing certification in a foreign language. Regardless of major, international teaching practica can be used to meet several requirements of the teacher education programme: the general teaching practicum in the bachelor’s programme, the research component in the master’s programme, and the Praxismodule in LehramtPlus. For more information and advice please contact ZEWIL.
- AIESEC Global Talents
- Engagement Global – The ASA Programme
- Carlo-Schmid-Programme for interships in internatinal organisations
- Mercator-Fellowship for international affairs
- EU Careers – Career Opportunities with the European Institutions
- ELSA – European Law Students' Association Göttingen
- Bundesvertretung der Medizinstudierenden in Deutschland e. V. (only in German)
Advisory services & further informationAdvising on international career opportunities and internships abroad
In addition to individual advising on international career opportunities and internships abroad, the Career Service Office also has a great Career Tool Box with helpful links on internships abroad.
- CollegeCouncil - Professional internships in English-speaking countries (only available in German)
- Interships abroad – German Academic Excange Service (DAAD) (only available in German)
- Studieren weltweit – Erlebe es! (only available in German)
Study Abroad Advisor
Phone: 0551 39-21344
Please use the username and password of your student account. The login domain is ug-student\. If you have problems logging in, please contact the IT Support.
For general questions