Catalysis for Sustainable Synthesis (Ph.D./Dr. rer. nat.)
Modern developments in sustainable catalysis chemistry are the focus of this doctoral programme, which is directly linked to one of the research foci of the Faculty of Chemistry. Excellent research opportunities, renowned supervisors, international partners and a thematically coordinated study programme characterise the doctoral programme.
- Catalysis for Sustainable Synthesis
- Dr. rer. Nat. or PhD
- Standard period of study:
- 6 semesters
- Start of studies:
- Winter and summer semester
- Language of the programme:
- restricted admission (application to the faculty)
Get to know us
Catalysis is an important science at the interface between chemistry, physics, biology, engineering and material sciences that enables chemical processes to be realized in a cost-, energy and eco-efficient way. It is thus regarded as a key factor for sustainable development and innovation in the chemical and related industries.
The internationally designed Ph.D. programme CaSuS provides an educational platform and a stimulating environment for interdisciplinary cutting-edge research in this field, with a focus on molecular catalysis. Scientific projects range from the design of new types of molecular catalysts and the elucidation of fundamental reaction mechanisms to the synthesis of polymers or natural products and applications in industrially relevant processes.
Interdisciplinary projects foster regular interaction of students across the borders of traditional sub disciplines of chemistry and enhance the student’s abilities to conduct their research in a collaborative manner within an environment of scientific excellence.
The study programme is currently being revised. Please enquire about the current status at the Dean's Office.
- Confirmation of supervision by a supervisor in the doctoral programme in chemistry for the doctoral project
- Relevant consecutive Master's degree programme (at least 1year standard period of study) and a total period of study of at least 4 years
- Subject-related relevance: 110 ECTS in the field of mathematics and natural sciences
If your native language or the language of your Bachelor's degree programme is not English , you must prove sufficient knowledge of the English language at the level IELTS 6,0 or equivalent.