liveSciences³ Digital student data transfer (ELMO/EMREX)
One of the major objectives of the liveSciences³ project was facilitating the Student International Journey with digital services. The digital transfer of student data and achievements after or even before an exchange semester or taking an online course abroad has a strong impact on supporting international student mobility.
liveSciences³ managed to coordinate inter-institutional educational processes with EU and non-EU partners and the establishment of standardized procedures for digital cooperation using international standards.
The digital transfer of student data and achievements and the following recognition process is one of the biggest challenges students have to face during an exchange semester or after taking an online course abroad.
As part of the liveSciences³ measures and activities, the paperless transfer of student data and achievements was implemented among the Universities of Talca and Göttingen using ELMO/EMREX. ELMO is a standardized format based on XML format to provide and exchange student data and achievement information. EMREX is a network where students can share their data with other higher education institutions. Please check the following video for a live demo of the digital student data transfer and its implementation.
- DAAD Moving Target Conference 2022 (Panel discussion on YouTube)
- The technical guide to EMREX provides detailed information, including an EMREX GitHub repository with descriptions of the ELMO format and the implementation procedure to connect to the EMREX network.
- Facilitate and speed up administrative processes aligned with student mobility;
- Enhance transparency of educational processes, including recognition;
- Avoid stressful paperwork for students and empower students.
- Use international standards;
- Stress interoperability;
- Keep collaborating with EU and non EU partners.
Prof. Dr. Hiltraud Casper-Hehne
Head of project
Dr. Anne Sennhenn
Telefon: +49 (0)551 39 21294
For general questions:
Find us on instagram
Find us on twitter