Admission for MSc program Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution
At the University of Göttingen admission for the MSc/PhD program »Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution« is restricted. The procedure of admission has two stages. At first appropriateness of the applicants Bachelor and special qualification for the program are assessed. Only admitted applicants can enter the subsequent selection procedure.
1. Bachelor study/Appropriateness
For admission the applicant should
- provide a Bachelor degree in a related field.
- or at least 150 C, whereas the Bachelor have to be completed and all documents should be provided till 15. Nov. (referring to the year of the semester of admission). The overall average degree, calculated from by then provided achievements, is used instead of the Bachelor grade for the whole admission procedure, even if the final Bachelor grade differs.
Eligibility of the Bachelor is defined by at least 125 C in the field of life sciences thereof at least 50 C in Biology.
2. Language Tests
- non native speaker German: B1 (according to CEFR)
- non native speaker English: UniCert III, TOEFL or equivalent test
3. Special Qualification
Only applicants providing a »special qualification« for the program are admitted. The special qualification is determined by means of a scoring system.
a) Bachelor grade (max. 51 points)
b) Preferential skills for the program (max. 39 points)
II. Selection procedure
Only if more applicants get admission than university places for the program are provided a selection procedure is performed. For this procedure the applicants are ranked by the points achieved for special qualification (see 3.).