College / University
Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi
Bachelor of Science
Biochemistry, Advanced Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Physiology & Endocrinology, Immunology
UV-visible spectrophotometry, chromatography, protein purification, enzymology, electrophoresis, PCR, cDNA preparation, microscopy (light/fluorescent-EVOS-FL), hematology & clinical biochemistry, isolation & purification of DNA/RNA/plasmid, exosome isolation, E. coli transformation, Western blot, differential/gradient centrifugation, basic immunological techniques, immunohistochemistry, animal cell culture (stem cells, macrophages, liver cells), FACS, genetic study using Drosophila as model organism, seahorse extracellular flux assay.
Small animal handling, mice dissection, organ isolation, intra-peritoneal injection, retro-orbital bleeding.
Bioinformatics-data retrieval, sequence alignment, protein structure modelling & analysis, miRNA designing & analysis. Basic software including PyMOL & AutoDock.
Projects / Research
- 2021: Deciphering the effect of metabolic modulation of bone-marrow derived macrophages in chronic liver disease, Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine Lab, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi, India
- 2020: Molecules against COVID-19: An in silico approach for drug development, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, DRDO, Ministry of Defence, India. JEST,
- 2021,100095,ISSN 1674-862X
- 2020: Applications of bioinformatics in cardio vascular disorders for novel therapeutics design, Sri Venkateswara Internship Program for Research In Academics, India
- 2019: Can miRNAs serve as potential markers in thermal burn injury: An in silico approach, Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, DRDO, Ministry of Defence, India. J. Burn Care Res,2020 Jan, PMID: 31701154
- 2018: Research and application of bioinformatics on naturally occurring ligands and their anti-cancer properties, Bioinformatics Center, Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, India
Scholarships / Awards
|2021 – 2022:||Stipend by the International Max Planck Research School|
|Silver Awardee for International Award for Young People|
|Principal’s Award for Excellence in Management skills (by school)|
SCIENTIFIC INTERESTS AND GOALSThe idea of contributing to help the world in any way through my research motivates me. I hold a wide interest in molecular biology of diseases, especially molecular oncology. My research on miRNA made me realize about their participation in multiple pathways. Further, their emergence as a cancer biomarker was pleasantly surprising and motivates me to dig deeper and understand miRNA involvement during the processes of cancer initiation and progression. This can provide a new dimension to cancer research and help in deducing a potential treatment for the same. As my last research was on stem cells and their metabolism, I am also intrigued about the possibility of working with stem cells in oncology.
In future I would like to delve deep into molecular biology and take my research from bench-side to bedside of the patients by development of new therapeutic strategies and discover biomarkers for early and better diagnosis. Yet I believe in not committing myself to one scientific avenue and will ensure that in Göttingen I broaden my scientific horizons to uncover new exhilarating research possibilities.