In publica commoda

Change of subject without transferable credits

If you are already enrolled at Göttingen University and want to change your subject or programme but do not have any transferable credits from your previous studies, you will be starting your new programme in the first subject-related semester.

Changing over to free-admission subjects
You can change over and enrol for the other programme in due time without having to apply first; you can download the required form here and make a print-out (“Antrag auf Änderung des Studienverlaufs”).

Changing over to restricted-admission subjects
You have to apply in the usual manner in order to change over to such a subject. Once you have been admitted, you can enrol within the deadline given on the notice of admission; the notice will provide further details.

Note: Education Assistance (BAföG)
Please pay attention to BAföG regulations when you change over to another subject.