The Collection Management department supports, advises and coordinates the University of Göttingen's academic collections. It
- is a contact point for questions relating to more than one collection, both within the university and for the public
- conducts the situation surveys in the collections
- supports the collections in introducing and making use of the Göttingen Collections Database and represents their interests in the ongoing software development
- supports the collections in making applications within the context of the funding allocation made by the Centre for Collection Development
- coordinates joint activities for the collections: exhibitions, guided tours, events such as the "Collections Open Day"
- organises networking between the individual collections at the regular collections forum, as well as at informal get-togethers and individual consultations
- is a contact point for objects and collections that are without a home