Post-doctoral Researcher, University of Goettingen, RTG 2654 Sustainable Food Systems
- 2019-2022Ph.D. in Development Economics and Local Systems, University of Trento and University of Florence, Italy
- 2013-2016 M.Sc. in Economics and Development, University of Florence, Italy
- 2010-2013 Bachelor of Science in International Trade, Ca’ Foscari University, Italy
- 10/2022-03/2023 Social and Economic Policy Researcher, UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti
- 06/2021-03/2023 Economist, FAO Governance and Policy Support Unit
- 03/2022-04/2022 Economist, Development Pathways Ltd
- 08/2021-03/2022 Consultant, Social and Economic Policy Unit, UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti
- 11/2020-12/2020 Consultant, Social and Economic Policy Unit, UNICEF Office of Research - Innocenti
- 08/2020-10/2020 Economist, Development Pathways Ltd
- 04/2020-07/2020 Consultant, UNICEF Regional Office for the MENA region
- 03/2020-05/2020 Consultant, IIED
- 01/2019-09/2019 Data Analyst, Operational Policy and Results Division, IFAD
- 06/2018-12/2018 Research Assistant, Strategy and Knowledge Department , Operational Policy and Results Division, IFAD
- 07/2017-06/2018 Economist, Agricultural Development Economics Division , FAO
- Benfica, R., Squarcina, M., de la Fuente, A. (2018). Structural transformation and poverty in Malawi: Decomposing the effects of occupational and spatial mobility, IFAD Research Series 25, International Fund for Agricultural Development, Rome. PDF
- Squarcina, M., Egger, E.-M. 2022. Effects of the COVID-19 crisis on household food consumption and child nutrition in Mozambique. WIDER Working Paper 2022/169. Helsinki: UNU-WIDER. PDF
- Squarcina, M., Romano, D. 2022. Identifying the transmission channels of Covid-19 impact on poverty and food security in refugee-hosting districts of Uganda. Working Paper N. 08/2022, University of Florence, Italy. PDF
- Squarcina, M. 2022. The impact Of Covid-19 on household income and participation in the agri-food value chain: Evidence from Ethiopia. Working Paper N. 07/2022, University of Florence, Italy. PDF
- Carraro, A., Ferrone, L. and Squarcina, M. 2020. Are COVID-19 containment measures equally effective in different world regions? Working Paper N. 11/2020, University of Florence, Italy. PDF
- Jobs, Innovation and Rural Value Chains in the Context of Climate Transition: Bridging the Gap between Research and Policy, International Conference, IFAD. 21 – 24 June 2022. Rome.
- 62nd Annual Conference of the Italian Economic Association. 26-29 October 2021.
- 2021 WIDER Development Conference. 6-8 September 2021.
- XVI European Association of Agricultural Economists (EAAE) Congress. 20-23 July 2021.
- Development Studies Association (DSA) 2021 Online Conference - Unsettling Development. 21 June- 2 July 2021.
- Italian (Native)
- English (Fluent)
- Portuguese (Intermediate)
- Spanish, French (Basic)