Feiruz Yimer Mohammed
Doctoral Researcher, University of Goettingen, RTG 2654 Sustainable Food Systems, Subproject B1 Agriculture-nutrition linkages in localized food systems (Prof. Qaim)
Development Economics/policy analysis
Poverty and Food security
Food price analysis
- Master’s in Public Administration in International Development (MPAID), Harvard University, USA
- Master of Science in Economics, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Collaborator, International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC, USA
- Research Assistant (Aug,2020 to Dec 2020), Harvard University (HKS), USA
- Research Officer (Dec 2012 to Aug 2018), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) /Ethiopian Development Research Institute- Ethiopia Strategy Support Program (ESSP) (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- Lecturer (Nov 2007 to March 2013), Addis Ababa University (Department of Economics), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Gender office Coordinator (Nov 2008 to March 2013), Addis Ababa University (Faculty of Business and Economics), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- “The Short-run Impact of the COVID-19 Crisis on Poverty in Ethiopia” Feiruz Yimer Mohammed and Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, African Economic Research Consortium Working Paper.
- “Evaluation of the Nutrition-Sensitive Features of the Fourth Phase of Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Programme”, Guush Berhane, Jenna Golan, Kalle Hirvonen, John Hoddinott, Sunny Kim, Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, Kibrewossen Abay, Thomas Assefa, Yetmwork Habte, Mehari Hiluf, Bethelem Koru, Fanaye Tadesse, Haleluya Tesfaye, Abdulaziz Wolle, and Feiruz Yimer, Ethiopia Strategy Support Program, Working Paper 140, 2020.
- “Evaluation of Modern Agricultural Technologies Adoption and Impact of Adoption on Productivity” Feiruz Yimer, Kibrewossen Abay and Tigabu Degu, FARA Research Report Vol4(3):26, 2019.
- “The rising costs of animal-source foods in Ethiopia: Evidence and implications”, Fantu Bachewe, Bart Minten and Feiruz Yimer, ESSP Working paper 108, 2017.
- “Agricultural price evolution in drought versus non-drought affected areas in Ethiopia: An updated assessment using national producer data (January 2014 to January 2017)” Fantu Bachewe, Feiruz Yimer and Bart Minten, ESSP Working paper 106, 2017.
- “The major bottlenecks of micro and small-scale enterprises’ growth in Ethiopia: An econometric analysis.” Ermias Engida, Mekdim Regassa, Ibrahim W. Hassen, Feiruz Yimer and Saba Yifredew, Partnership for economic policy, Partnership for Economic Policy, Working paper 2017-19, 2017.
- “The role of micro and small-scale enterprises in the Ethiopian economy, government intervention and alternative strategies: A CGE analysis.” Joint with Ermias Engida, Mekdim Regassa, Ibrahim W. Hassen, and Saba Yifredew, Partnership for economic policy, Working paper 2017-18, 2017.
- “Agricultural prices during drought in Ethiopia”, Fantu Bachewe, Feiruz Yimer, Bart Minten and Paul Dorosh, ESSP Working paper 88, 2016.
- “Women’s empowerment in agriculture and dietary diversity in Ethiopia” Feiruz Yimer and Fanaye Tadesse, ESSP Working paper 80, 2015.
- “Evaluation of Modern Agricultural Technologies Adoption and Impact of Adoption on Productivity” Feiruz Yimer, Kibrewossen Abay and Tigabu Degu, FARA Research Report Vol 4(3):26, 2019.
- “The Productive Safety Net Programme 4 Midline Survey 2018- Program Performance Report” Guush Berhane, Izzy Birch, Lidia Cabral, Daniel Gilligan, Kalle Hirvonen, John Hoddinott, Bethelhem Koru, Neha Kumar, Jeremy Lind, Rachel Sabates-Wheeler, Fanaye Tadesse, Mulugeta Tefera, Abraha Weldegerima, Ibrahim Worku, Feiruz Yimer and Yisehac Yohannes., International Food Policy Research Institute and Institute of Development Studies. Ethiopia.
- "Feed the Future Ethiopia Zone of Influence Interim Assessment Report"Hirvonen, Kalle, Feiruz Yimer, Kibrewossen Abay, Fantu Bachewe, Guush Berhane, John Hoddinott, Fanaye Tadesse, Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, Tassew Woldehanna, Thomas Woldu, Ibrahim Worku, and Yisehac Yohannes/International Food Policy Research Institute. 2016.
- "Feed the Future (FtF) of Ethiopia – Baseline report 2013", Guush Berhane, Kalle Hirvonen, John Hoddinott, Jessica Hoel, Fantu Nisrane, Fanaye Tadesse, Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, Tassew Woldehanna, Ibrahim Worku, Feiruz Yimer and Kibrewossen Abay., IFPRI-ESSP discussion paper, Washington DC - Addis Ababa.
- Amharic (mother tongue)
- English (fluent)