Financing your Stay

International scholars, who are planning to do research at the University of Göttingen without an employment contract may apply for scholarships or stipends in their home country or in Germany, as they will have to show proof of income when applying for their visa at the German embassy in their home country and when applying for a residence permit in Göttingen upon arrival.

The websites of the DAAD, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation or the EURAXESS portal offer information about scholarships and funding resources for your stay in Germany.