Information for Landlords

Do you have a furnished room or apartment you might like to rent to international researchers and scholars who are about to teach and do research at the University of Göttingen? Then please contact us!

In order to facilitate international researcher’s start in Göttingen, it is one of the Welcome Centre’s assignments to assist in finding suitable accommodation in Göttingen.

The housing needs and the length of stay of our international researchers (usually post-docs and visiting professors) are quite varied: from a furnished room for two or three months, to a family apartment for a year, up to renting of a house for several years.

We are happy to receive your housing space offer. Please fill out our questionnaire for landlords (German only) and send it back to us. We will contact you to clarify more details before we take up your offer in our database. Through inquiries of the researchers we will verify if your offered accommodation matches their demand. If so, we will contact you again to discuss the situation. Then we ask the apartment-hunter to contact you directly. If there are language difficulties, we can of course help. If you found a tenant, please let us know as soon as possible.

Please note!
Only furnished or partially furnished lodgings will be included in our database. The contract of tenancy must be executed with the tenants themselves. The University of Göttingen accepts no liability. The Welcome Centre makes no guarantee of a successful arrangement.