How to get to Göttingen
The best option is to fly either to Hanover or Frankfurt/Main and take a high-velocity train (ICE) to Göttingen.
Guests from the UK:
There are daily non-stop flights to Hanover from the following destinations:
- Birmingham (FlyBE)
- Manchester (Germanwings)
- London Airports: Heathrow, Stansted (Germanwings, Air Berlin, British Airways)
As soon as you have arrived at Hanover Airport, please take the S5 train to Hanover Central (Hauptbahnhof).
The trains leave twice an hour at .06 and .36. Travel time: 17mins.
When you arrive at Hanover Central, please change trains to Göttingen. You have a number of options:
- ICE (high-velocity train). Departure: twice an hour. Travel time: 37mins.
- IC (long-distance train). Departure: every hour. Travel time: 35mins.
- ME (regional train). Departure: every hour. Travel time: 1:15h.
Please contact Andreas Lemke for details and general questions.
Guests from other Countries
The best option is to fly to Frankfurt/Main and take a high-velocity train (ICE) to Göttingen
There are several options:
- ICE (high-velocity train) from Frankfurt Airport. There is a direct connection to Göttingen every two hours leaving at .42. Travel time: 1:59.
- ICE (high-velocity train) from Frankfurt Central Station (Hauptbahnhof). There is a direct connection to Göttingen twice an hour. Travel time: 1:43.
- In order to get the Frankfurt Central Station please take the S8 or S9 from Frankfurt Airport. Travel time: 12mins.
- There are other trains options (ICE with changing trains at Fulda, IC etc.). Please contact Andreas Lemke for details.
We wish you a safe and enjoyable travel.