Doctoral Researcher, University of Goettingen, RTG 2654 Sustainable Food Systems, Subproject B4 Food environments and the triple burden of malnutrition (Prof. Qaim)
Child Nutrition-Health Linkages
Food Consumption Behavior
Nutrition-Sensitive Social Protection
- 09/2021 Ph.D. in Sustainable Food Systems, University of Goettingen, Germany
- 09/2018-09/2020 Double Degree: Laurea Magistrale (Dott. Mag.) in Economics and Development, University of Florence, Italy
Thesis: The Impact of Social Protection on Individual Dimensions of Well-being (Food Security and Mental Health) in a Protracted Crisis Context: The Case of Palestine
- 10/2017-09/2020 Double Degree: Master of Science in Development Economics, University of Göttingen, Germany
- 10/2012-12/2016 Bachelor of Science in Economics and Sociology, University of Göttingen, Germany
Thesis: Inequality in Education in India
- 01/2021 – 08/2021 Consultant - World Health Organization (Remote)
- 10/2020 – 04/2021 Intern - German Development Cooperation, GIZ (Bonn, Germany)
- 09/2019 – 02/2020 Carlo Schmid Fellow - World Health Organization (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- 11/2017 – 10/2019 Student Assistant – University of Göttingen (Göttingen, Germany)
- 03/2017 – 05/2017 Field Research Assistant – University of Göttingen (Banda Aceh, Indonesia)
- Kaplan L*, Richert K*, Hülsen V*, Diba F, Marthoenis M, Muhsin M, Samadi S, Susanti S, Sofyan H, Ichsan I, Vollmer S. (2023). Impact of the WHO Safe Childbirth Checklist on Safety Culture among Health Workers: A Randomized Controlled Trial in Aceh, Indonesia. PLOS Global Public Health, 3(6), e0001801. DOI.
*indicates joint first authorship
- Park M, Budisavljević S, Alemán-Díaz AY, Carai S, Schwarz K, Kuttumuratova A, Jobe LB, Hülsen V, Lee YE, Scott E, Whitehead R, Weber MW (2023). Child and adolescent health in Europe: Towards meeting the 2030 agenda. Journal of Global Health, 13 DOI
- World Health Organization. Regional Office for Europe. (2021). Adolescents taking the lead: multistakeholder consultation to promote adolescent health and well-being in the WHO European Region, 6–7 July 2021. World Health Organization. Regional Office for Europe. Link License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO
- Huelsen, V., S. Carai, M. Weber (2020). Globale Kindergesundheit. In BJVK Schwerpunktbroschüre Pädiatrische Wege und Welten.
- Presentation. EAAE Congress. Changing Food Environments in Africa: Implications for Food Security and Nutrition. Rennes, France. September 2023.
- Poster presentation.EAAE Congress. Food Environments and Diets along Malawi’s Rural-Urban Gradient. Rennes, France. September 2023.
- Presentation. Third WHO High-Level Meeting on Schooling during COVID-19. Long-term Effects of Schooling Disruption on Child Health and Well-being. Copenhagen, Denmark. July 2021
- Organization. Multi-stakeholder Consultation on Adolescent Well-being in the WHO European Region. Copenhagen, Denmark. July 2021
- Poster presentation. Annual 38th Conference of the Global Tropical Pediatrics – Gender Aspects of Global Child Health: Access to Contraception for Adolescent. Berlin, Germany. January 2020
- Delegate. Annual Conference of the Health Behavior of School-Aged Children Network. Yerevan, Armenia. November 2019.
- International Health Course. Charité, Berlin. Lecture on the “Economics of the Pharmaceutical Market: Orphan Drugs and Market Failures”
- English (proficient)
- Italian (proficient)
- Spanish (basic)
- French (basic)
- German (native)