Training for PhD students
Today PhD students do not only receive support by their supervisors concerning their doctoral thesis supervisionInstead of just providing supervision for research theses. In addition as GGG we prepare PhD students for their future career in a more comprehensive way. This includes further studies in their discipline (at the social science faculties), methodological training, professional competences (inside and outside academia) and key skills.
Not only do we take our members' heterogeinity into account by offering courses dealing with "diversity" (e.g. on working diverse teams), but we also organize courses for special target groups (e.g. international PhD students). Courses are offered in mostly barrier-free premises; we choose our teachers with regard to diversity and ask them to prepare barrier-free course material. Need for assistance can be notified with GGG. Furthermore, we can arrange childcare during course times, so PhD students with children can take part in our courses.
Here you can find our qualification offers:
- Qualification portal for PhD students
(with a course overview for this year)
- Interdisciplinary Week of Methods
- Team Teaching
- Schnupperworkshop: Wissenschaftsmanagement ist das etwas für mich?
- Praxismodul zur Verbindung von Wissenschaft und beruflicher Praxis
- Mentoring: Paths to Scientific Management (WeWiMento)
- Mentoring: Paths to Enterprises (KarWiMento)
- Mentoring: Dorothea Schlözer Program for female Post Doc
Further training for PhD students:
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Career Service
- Centre for Languages and Key Skills
- Human Resources Development of PhD students who are simultaneously employed by the university
- Qualification Program for female Postdocs