Corporate Financial Management
Instructor: Dr. Alexander Merz
Cycle: See course schedule
ECTS-Information: 6 Credits
Recommended prior knowledge: Introduction to Finance, Capital Markets and Valuation
Assessment method: Successful completion of a 90 minute exam
After a successful completion of the course students should be able to
- understand and analyze different financial instruments (debt, equity, and hybrids) available to a corporation.
- describe the debt characteristics and understand the global environment in which debt is issued.
- critically assess different financing alternatives.
- demonstrate a sound knowledge of different capital structure theories.
- understand and critically assess the process of capital structure optimization.
- understand the components of the cost of capital and why it might change over time.
- critically apply the obtained knowledge to several realistic problem sets.