Beantragung des Aufenthaltstitels

Every foreigner who intends to stay longer than 3 months in Germany has also to apply for a residence permit at the foreigners' office of the City of Göttingen.

Depending on your purpose of stay and thus your kind of visa, the residence permit allows you either to study, to work or to stay for business or tourist purposes.

Please note!
The application or extension of your residence permit will be only possible by appointment at the Foreigners Office. In order to get an appointment please contact the person responsible for your case per phone or by email to arrange an appointment.

Required Documents:

  • proof of registration at the local residents' registration office
  • filled-in application form for a residence permit (available at the foreigners office or Welcome Centre)
  • passport and copies of the first page and the visa, copy of entry stamp (entrance into Germany without visa)
  • one biometric passport photo
  • a copy of the employment contract, hosting agreement or certificate of scholarship quoting the monthly salary or grant
  • copy of rental contract / lease
  • a copy of the proof of adequate health insurance
  • if your family is going to stay with you in Göttingen: marriage certificate / birth certificates, school enrollment documentation (school in Göttingen)