Centre for Modern East Asian Studies (CeMEAS)
Welcome to CeMEAS
This webpage is not maintained anymore. Please check our new CeMEAS website for up to date news and further information.
Launched in 2012, the Centre for Modern East Asian Studies (CeMEAS) plays a key role in Goettingen's strategy to strengthen research and teaching in the field of East Asian Studies. It is one of the multi-regional and multi-disciplinary research centres at the University of Goettingen and its primary aims are:
- to encourage and support innovative research on East Asia across disciplinary and regional boundaries
- to strengthen the presence of East Asian studies on campus and in the community
- to become the intellectual centre for a community of scholars and students dedicated to research of East Asia
- to provide a wide range of resources pertaining to East Asia to scholars, students, and the general public
- to build international research networks with institutes and scholars of East Asia
We welcome your comments and feedback on CeMEAS commitments and activities. Please feel free to contact us!