Dr. Harold James Hughes
I am a geochemist whose work focuses on continental weathering fluxes and surface biogeochemical cycles. I am particularly interested in developing proxies to study biogeochemical fluxes in the environment.
- General research Interests
- Continental biogeochemical Si cycle
- Continental weathering
- "Non-traditional" stable isotopes as proxies for surface geochemical fluxes
- Problems related to dust emission from bare soil areas (erosion, air pollution, nearby soil contamination)
- Silicon cycle
- Development of new proxies to trace Si fluxes in the rock-soil and soil-plants systems (Si/Ge ratios and Si isotopes).
- Quantification of the biogenic Si pools in various soil types.
- Use of Si/Ge ratios and Si isotopes for tracing Si cycling in the systems rock-soil, soil-plants etc.
- Drought-stress mitigating effect of Si
Erasmus+ (Key Action 103)
Coordinator for the Faculty of Geoscience and Geography
For all general requests please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For urgent matters only, please write to: email@example.com