Salditt, Tim, Prof. Dr.
- 1987-1993 Studies of Physics, University of Munich and Université J. Fourier, Grenoble
- 1993 Diploma in Physics, University of Munich, with honors
- 1995 Doctoral thesis in Physics under supervision of Prof. Dr. J. Peisl, University of Munich, summa cum laude
- 1996 Postdoc in Prof. Safinya’s Lab, University of California at Santa Barbara
- 2000 Associate Professor at University of Saarland, Saarbrücken
- 2002 Full Professor for Experimental Physics (C4), University of Göttingen.
Major Research Interests
- Structure and interactions in biomolecular matter.
- Structure of biomaterials.
- Supramolecular assemblies.
- Synchrotron radiation.
- X-ray optics.
- Membrane biophysics.
- Inelastic neutron scattering.
- X-ray microscopy.
Homepage Department/Research Group
Selected Recent Publications
- S. Aeffner, T. Reusch, B. Weinhausen and T. Salditt (2012) Energetics of stalk intermediates in membrane fusion are controlled by lipid composition. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1119442109
- Beerlink, S. Thutupalli, M. Mell, M. Bartels, P. Cloetens, S. Herminghaus and T. Salditt (2012) X-Ray propagation imaging of a lipid bilayer in solution. Soft Matter, 8, 4595-4601
- S. Castorph, D. Riedel, L. Arleth, M. Sztucki, R. Jahn, M. Holt and T. Salditt (2010) Structure Parameters of Synaptic Vesicles Quantified by Small-Angle X-Ray Scattering. Biophysical Journal, Vol. 98, Issue 7, 1200-1208
- K. Giewekemeyer, P. Thibault, S. Kalbfleisch, A. Beerlink, C.M. Kewish, M. Dierolf, F. Pfeiffer and T. Salditt (2010) Quantitative biological imaging by ptychographic x-ray diffraction microscopy. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sc. USA 107, 529-534
- T. Salditt, S.P. Krüger, C. Fuhse, and C. Bähtz (2008) High-transmission planar X-ray waveguides. Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 184801
- A. Jarre, C. Fuhse, C. Ollinger, J. Seeger, R. Tucoulou, T. Salditt (2005) Two-Dimensional hard x-ray beam compression by combined focussing and waveguide optics. Physical Review Letters 94, 074801
- M.C. Rheinstädter, C. Ollinger, G. Fragneto, F. Demmel, T. Salditt (2004) Collective Dynamics of Lipid Membranes Studied by Inelastic Neutron Scattering. Physical Rewiev Letters, 93, 108107-1 - 108107-4
- T. Salditt, M. Vogel, W. Fenzl (2003) Thermal Fluctuations and Positional Correlations in Oriented Lipid Membranes. Physical Review Letters 90. 178101
- T. Salditt (2003) Lipid-peptide interaction in oriented bilayers probed by interface-sensitive scattering methods. Current Opinion in Structural Biology 13:467-478
- F. Pfeiffer, C. David, M. Burghammer, C. Riekel, T. Salditt (2002) Two-dimensional x-ray waveguides. Science 297, 230