Zippelius, Annette, Prof. Dr.
- 1977 PhD at the Technical University München
- 1978 - 1980 Postdoctoral associate at Harvard University, stipend of the Deutschen Forschungsmeinschaft
- 1980 - 1981 Postdoctoral associate at Cornell University
- 1981 - 1983 Assistant at the Technical University München
- 1983 Habilitation in physics at the TU München
- 1983 - 1988 Research position at the Forschungszentrum Jülich
- 1988 Full professor at the Georg-August-University Göttingen
- 1992 - 1993 Sabbatical year at UIUC in Urbana-Champaign, guest professor at the Beckman Institute
- since 1993 Member of the Göttinger Akademie der Wissenschaften
- 1998 Leibniz prize of the DFG
- 2002 - 2006 Member of the Executive Board (Vorstandsmitglied) of the Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft
- since 2005 Member of the Wissenschaftsrat
- since 2007 Max-Planck Fellow, Max-Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Göttingen
- 2008 Elected Fellow of the American Physical Society
Major Research Interests
Our main research efforts are directed towards understanding complex fluids and soft matter, including polymer melts and solutions, random polymer networks, glassy systems and granular matter. We aim to understand the cooperative behavior on the basis of the underlying constitutents and their mutual interactions. For example we want to know: What is the viscoelastic response of disordered matter and how does it depend on the characteristic features of the building blocks? What structures can be formed in and out of equilibirium and what are the underlying principles of self-organisation?
Homepage Department/Research Group
Selected Recent Publications
- Chappa V.,Morse D. C., Zippelius A., and Müller M. (2012) A translationally invariant slip-spring model for entangled polymer dynamics. to be published in Phys. Rev. Lett.
- Ulrich S. and Zippelius A. (2012) Stability of freely falling granular streams. to be published in Phys. Rev. Lett..
- Sperl M., Kranz W. T.,and Zippelius A. (2012) Single-particle dynamics in dense granular fluids under driving. Europhys. Lett. 98, 28001..
- Fiege A., Grob M., and Zippelius A. (2012) Dynamics of an intruder in dense granular fluids. Gran. matt. 14, 247..
- Kranz, T., Sperl, M., Zippelius A. (2010) Glass transition for driven granular fluids. Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 225701.
- Ulrich, S., Aspelmeier, T., Röller, K., Fingerle, A., Herminghaus, S., Zippelius, A. (2009) Cooling and aggregation in wet granulates. Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 148002.
- Fiege, A., Aspelmeier, T., Zippelius, A. (2009) Long-time tails and cage effects in driven granular fluids. Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 098001.
- Brilliantov, N., Pöschel, T., Kranz, T., Zippelius, A. (2007) Translations and rotations are correlated in granular gases. Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 128001.
- Trommershäuser, J., Schneggenburger, R., Zippelius, A., Neher, E. (2003) Heterogeneous presynaptic release probabilities: Functional relevance for short-term plasticity. Biophys. J. 84, 1563.
- Vollmayr-Lee, K., Kob, W., Binder, K., Zippelius, A. (2002) Dynamical heterogeneities below the glass transition. J. Chem. Phys. 116, 5158.