Konferenz "Nachhaltige Landnutzung"
To address the major societal challenges and to contribute to overcoming them, a close dialogue between science, business, politics and society is necessary. Therefore, the University of Göttingen, together with the Ministry of Science and Culture of Lower Saxony, is organising a European conference to discuss the challenges of sustainable development of our society and possible contributions of science to this, whether by communicating relevant research results or developing new research questions and projects.
The conference will address issues and challenges in six central fields.
1) Sustainable land use in forest and agricultural landscapes as a local & global challenge for terrestrial ecosystems
2) Plastic waste as a threat to the oceans and humans
3) The social pillar of sustainability and its global dimension
4) Inclusive Society: democracy and the rule of law in Europe
5) Digitalisation as an opportunity
6) Education for Sustainable Development