Drought hazard assessment in the Zayandehrud river basin, funded by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The Zayandehrud river basin is the most endangered river in central Iran. It is the most important surface water resource in the region and has been influenced by two drought periods within the last 16 years. Decreasing surface and groundwater resource availability has been intensified by a rise in water abstraction for irrigation practices, domestic uses, industry, and water transfers to neighboring provinces. Therefore, my research focus was on the drought hazard assessment of the Zayandehrud river basin.
My research has covered a comprehensive assessment of the Zayandehrud River Basin through:
· Comparison of estimated reference evapotranspiration with ERA5 Total evaporation product
· Evaluation of RS-based actual evapotranspiration (ETa) products and vegetation-index-based ETa over agricultural fields
· Comparison of the performance of MODIS and Landsat in the estimation of ETa
· Extraction of maximum NDVI time series in Google Earth Engine platform
· Comparison of different precipitation products
· Detection of Fallow lands and agricultural fields using Landsat series
· Assessment of harvest intensity using remote sensing
· Assessment of drought hazard in the agricultural areas
Fields of Expertise
• Integrated Water Resources Management
• Water and Land Use Management
• Water Security and Drought hazard assessment
• Remote Sensing and GIS
• Hydrology and Modelling
• Crop water requirement
Work experience (2014-2018)
Research assistant in “Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)” in the Zayandehrud River joint Project in cooperation with inter3 Institute for Resource Management, funded by the Ministry of Education and Research, Germany.
2023 - Abbasi, Neda; Nouri, Hamideh; Didan, Kamel; Barreto-Muñoz, Armando; Chavoshi Borujeni, Sattar; Opp, Christian; Nagler, Pamela; Thenkabail, Prasad S.; Siebert, Stefan, (2023): Mapping Vegetation Index-Derived Actual Evapotranspiration across Croplands Using the Google Earth Engine Platform. In Remote Sensing 15 (4), p. 1017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/rs15041017
2021 - Abbasi, Neda; Nouri, Hamideh; Didan, Kamel; Barreto-Muñoz, Armando; Chavoshi Borujeni, Sattar; Salemi, Hamidreza; Opp, Christian; Siebert, Stefan; Nagler, Pamela (2021): Estimating Actual Evapotranspiration over Croplands Using Vegetation Index Methods and Dynamic Harvested Area. In Remote Sensing 13 (24), p. 5167. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/rs13245167.
2020 - Evaluation of five rainfall estimate products over the different climatic zone in Zayandehrud river basin, Mediterranean and Middle-East Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium.
2017 - As an Editor, Integrated “Water Resources Management (IWRM) Booklet”, 2017
Region of Interest: MENA region, Iran, Zayandehrud Basin
2018-present PhD: Philipps-Universität Marburg; Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Drought hazard assessment in the Zayandehrud river basin.
2011-2013 Isfahan University of Technology, Natural Resources Engineering, M.Sc.: Desertification Control.
2007-2011 Isfahan University of Technology, Natural Resources Engineering, B.Sc.: Watershed and Range Land Management.