- Bird population dynamics
- Citizen science projects
- Bird song studies
- Northern Eurasia
- Eurasian Christmas Bird Counts ("PARUS", since 2018): https://pecbms.info/country/russia/, http://birdsmoscow.net.ru/parus-monitoring/
- Moscow Region Common Birds Monitoring Scheme ("PARUS", since 2014): https://pecbms.info/country/russia/, http://birdsmoscow.net.ru/monitoring-russia/
- The rules of correlated variations in the calls and songs of birds across the ranges and in hybrid zones (RFFI, 2020-2022)
- Syntax organization of the avian song and the rules of its variability in the space and the time (RFFI, 2020-2022)
- Hybrid zones of birds in time and space: dynamics and stability (RFFI, 2018-2020)
- Dynamics of populations of land vertebrates and seasonal resource availability (RFFI, 2015)
Most important publications
- Preobrazhenskaya E., Morkovin A., 2020. PARUS program: wintering land bird monitoring in European Russia. — Bird Census News. V. 33. P. 3–13.
- Morkovin A.A., Kalyakin M.V., Voltzit O.V., 2017. First steps of a common birds monitoring scheme in the Moscow region, Russia. — Vogelwelt. V. 137. P. 89–98.
- Bourski O.V., Demidova E.Yu., Morkovin A.A., 2015. Population Dynamics of Thrushes and Seasonal Resource Partition. — Biology Bulletin Reviews. V. 5. No. 3. P. 220–232