Bachelor and Master Theses
Application procedure for theses
We offer the opportunity to register your master and bachelor thesis three times a year.
Closing dates for application are 15th February, 15th June, and 15th October. The official starting date of the thesis can be agreed upon with the supervisors, but it must be not later than 6 months after the chosen application deadline.
For general information on registration, procedure, and submission, please refer to the examination regulations. Please also see the homepage of the examination office for further information (Link).
To ensure a smooth administration of applications, please fill out and submit the application form, a short CV, a grade overview (FlexNow transcript is sufficient) and a research proposal (the research proposal is only required if you want to work on your own topic). Please submit these documents to the secretary of the institute via e-mail to:
Download the application form
- German or English language
- Max. 1 page in A4 format (references may be cited on an additional page)
- Relevance of your topic
- Connection to the research of our chair
- Research problem(s) and research question(s)
- Which research method(s) will be applied
- Note: The research proposal is a preliminary summary of your research project, and the contents of the final thesis can be different.
If your application is accepted and you agree with your supervisor on a specific topic (see our topic overview below), then you can apply officially at the examination office. Please obtain the official application document at the examination office (“Antrag auf Zulassung zur Abschlussarbeit”) and submit it to your supervisor.
Regarding the formatting, please refer to the thesis guidelines:
Seminar and Theses Guidelines
Master students are required to present the progress at the chair. Your supervisor will inform you about the specific date.
Available Bachelor and Master Theses Topics
- Returnee's employability in the home country (BA/MA, English language)
- Returnee's reverse culture shock and readjustment in the home country (BA/MA; English language)
- Discrimination of expatriates in East-Asia (BA; German or English language, MA; English language)
- Impression Management in the workplace (BA; German or English language)
- Stereotype threat - a literature review (BA; German or English language)
- Challenges and opportunities of virtual work (BA; German or English language)
- The effects of cultural/personal values in virtual teams (MA; English language)
- The effects of cultural intelligence in virtual teams (MA; English language)
- Work-life-balance of working mothers (BA; German or English language)
- Workplace support measures to promote sustainable careers for mothers (BA; German or English language)
- Organizational inclusion in the digital workplace context (BA/MA; English language)