Dr. Alejandro Acosta
Date of birth: 15/07/1974
Place of birth: Bogotá, Colombia
- PhD in Agricultural Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Georg-August-University Göttingen. Germany.
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics, Imperial College, University of London. UK
- M.Sc. in Tropical and International Agriculture, Centre for Tropical and Subtropical Agriculture and Forestry (CeTSAF), Georg-August-University Göttingen. Germany
- B.Sc. in Livestock Economics, Facultad de Ciencias Agropecuarias, Universidad de La Salle. Colombia
- 01/2014 at Present. Policy Officer. Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations. FAO HQ. Duty Station: Rome
- 02/ 2010 - 12/2013. Livestock Development Officer. Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations. FAO Subregional Office for Mesoamerica. Duty station: Panama.
- 10/2006 - 01/2010. Agricultural Economist. FAO- Economic and Social Development Department. Duty station: Mozambique.
- 10/2004 - 09/ 2006. Young Professional. FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean Agricultural Policy Unit. Duty station: Chile.
- Acosta, A., Ihle, R., Valdés, A. 2017. Market Efficiency Analysis: Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods to Inform Policy Choices. (Forthcoming)
- Acosta, A & Barrantes, C. 2017. The Effects of Animal Disease Outbreaks on Food Price Dynamics: The case of H7N3 in the Mexican egg market. (Forthcoming)
- Acosta, A & Felis, A. 2017. Market Perspectives for the Livestock Sector in Africa: A Vector Autoregressive Approach. (Forthcoming)
- Acosta, A., Ihle, R., Robles, M. 2014. Spatial Price Transmission of Soaring Milk Prices from Global to Domestic Markets. Agribusiness, 30: 64-73
- Acosta, A. & Valdés, A. 2014. Vertical Price Transmission of Milk Prices: Are Small Dairy Producers Efficiently Integrated into Markets?. Agribusiness, 30: 56-63
- Acosta, A. 2012. Measuring Spatial Price Transmission of White Maize Prices between South Africa and Mozambique: An Asymmetric Error Correction Model Approach. African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Vol 7, No. 1. Dec, 2012.
- Food Policy
- Industrial Organization
- Price Transmission and Market Integration