Date of birth
September 13, 1973
Place of birth
Mampong - Nsuta, Ashanti, Ghana
- 1996-2000: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Kumasi (B.Sc. [Hons] Planning)
- 2002-2004: Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (MSc. Agriculture)
- M.Sc. Thesis: "The diversities and complexities in explaining vertical price transmission and asymmetric processes: Overview and review of equlibria displacement models"
Since 2004: PhD student at the Centre for Statistics under Professor Dr. S. v. Cramon-Taubadel, Chair of Agricultural Policy, Georg-August University, Göttingen.
- Equilibrium Displacement Analysis
- Vertical Market Integration and Price Asymmetry
- Application of Hidden Markov Models in Market Integration & Price Transmission Analysis
In this study, we explore the potential of hidden Markov models (HMMs) to model market integration by further developing recent innovations in the areas of parity bound analysis and price transmission econometrics. Insights from these two major lines of market integration analysis raise important market policy, measurement and theoretical questions, but they have not been combined effectively so far. While the time series characteristics of markets inter-relationships carry important policy and methodological implications, they impose analytical complexities when other crucial elements of market integration concept such as arbitrage and spatial equilibrium conditions are to be directly reflected. We approach these complexities in a unified modelling framework with various of HMMs/state-space specifications.
- 10/03-12/03: Institute of Rural Development, University of Göttingen. Reader and Review Assistant for the MSc. Coordinating office.
- 12/01-02/02: Institute of Renewable Natural Resources, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi. Research Assistant for the ‘Tree Crops (Cocoa) Production Improvement Project’ for selected countries in Africa. A World Bank project.
- 06/01-08/01: Centre for the Development of People. Planning Team Leader/Facilitator for the implementation of Natural Resource Management Strategies Programme for Kumasi– Peri-urban Communities. DFID Project.
- 09/00-10/01: Department of Planning, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi. (Teaching and Research Assistant)
”Reading & Reasoning through the ‘WORD’ of Life”