M.Cp.0017 Scientific Presenting, Writing and Publishing in Crop Protection (3 ECTS)
SCIENTIFIC WRITING, PRESENTING AND PUBLISHING IN CROP PROTECTION
Prof. Dr. A. V. Tiedemann
Department of Crop Sciences, Division of Plant Pathology and Plant Protection
Type of instruction/contact hours
Lecture 14 h / Seminar 14 h
fett>Frequency (WS/SS) and duration
WS, SS, one semester
Prof. Dr. A. v.Tiedemann, Dr. S. Weigand, Dr. J. Wagner
Contents and objectives
The course consists of a lecture and seminar dealing with the following subjects:
- importance of “Scientific Writing and “Good scientific practice
- structure and design of scientific papers ( structure, style, graphics, tables)
- Preparation and submission of a manuscript for publication
- Critical Revision of a manuscript
- design of scientific presentations (structure, way of presentation, rhetorics)
Students review a manuscript submitted for publication and written by a third party.
Students write their own manuscript.
Students are expected to be able to write scientific papers in English, to design graphics and tables, conduct a literature recherche, to prepare oral and poster presentations, to review manuscripts. Students know the process of paper publication, from writing to submitting and reviewing.
Review of a scientific article, presentation, preparation of a scientific publication
Written paper, maximal 15 pages
Number of students