Tobias Hellmundt is a doctoral researcher at the Collaboroative Research Center 990: C10 - Localized environmental and land use policies, palm oil conversion and deforestation and PhD student at the Chair of International Economic Policy under supervision of Prof. Dr. Kis-Katos.
Prior to joining the University of Göttingen, Tobias studied economics at the University of Heidelberg where he received his Master degree in 2021. During his studies he specialized in development economics, environmental economics and spatial data analysis and worked as a research assistant at the Chair of International and Development politics (2019-2021).
His research interests are the drivers and consequences of land use change, climate change and natural disasters, as well as topics of political economy, environmental economics and development economics more generally. Furthermore, he is interested in applications of remote sensing, machine learning and geocoded data.
- B.Sc. in Economics, Heidelberg University, Germany
- M.Sc. in Economics, Heidelberg University, Germany
- Drivers and consequences of land use change
- Development economics
- Environmental economics
- Climate change and natural disasters
- Spatial data analysis
Work in Progress
- Conflicts of rural transformation:The effects of oil palm expansion in Indonesia (with Elías Cisneros and Krisztina Kis-Katos)
- Oil palm expansion and the economics of forest fragmentation (with Elías Cisneros and Krisztina Kis-Katos)
- LEADS Leibniz Environment and Development Symposium (11/2022)
- EEA-ESEM Congress Milano (08/2022)
- TVSEP Conference Göttingen (05/2022)
- 2022 Meeting of the European Public Choice Society (04/2022)
- HiCN 17th Annual Workshop (10/2021)
- Ulvön Conference on Environmental Economics (08/2021)