Master's admission procedure
We are pleased about your interest in the master’s programme in chemistry! As the admission for the programme is restricted, it is mandatory to apply at the Faculty of Chemistry. Here, you will find the needed forms and important information about the application.
- The respective form and documents must be submitted by Juli 15, 2020 when applying for the winter semester 2020/21 (cut-off period!).
- It is possible to start the master’s programme in both winter semester and summer semester.
- Please note the Checklist and use the Application form to apply for admission, which must be signed personally by you. Please make sure to submit your application on the due date the latest or earlier. Please note, that you have to send your application by regular mail.
- You can apply for admission to the master’s programme, if you successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in chemistry with at least 6 semesters and obtained 180 Credits. Alternatively, undergraduates can apply when they obtained at least 150 credits.
- If the bachelor’s subject is not chemistry, the equivalence will be checked by our selection committee.
- International applicants have to submit a proof of sufficient knowledge of the German (DSH 2 level) or English (GER C1 level, others as mentioned in the formal regulations) language.
- If there are twice as many applicants as there are places, a selection interview will take place. If there are less or equal as many applicants as places, the selection interview does not take place.
- The selection committee for the master´s programme in chemistry decides about the equivalence.
For details on the requirements for application and on the selection procedure, please consult the admission rules and regulations (‘Ordnung über die Zugangsvoraussetzungen und über die Zulassung für den Master-Studiengang Chemie’ – at the moment only avaible in German). Please feel free to contact us, if you need advice.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Dean´s office.