Tuition Waiver Program - Study outside Europe
Prerequisites for Participation
All students of the University of Göttingen may apply for exchange programmes with our partner universities in Argentina, Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan and the US.
In the right-hand column, you will find a list of partner institutions and a link to reports from your fellow students who have already studied at one of the partner institutions. It is important to make sure that the programme at the respective institution aligns with your studies.
- The courses at our partner universities in Latin America are taught in Spanish. Therefore, applicants for our partner universities in Latin America must demonstrate sufficient Spanish language skills.
- Three of our exchange programmes in the US (Amherst College, Hope College, and the University of Colorado – Boulder) include (German) language teaching assistantships.
- Study at the colleges is at the bachelor level and at the University of Colorado at the master level. Prior teaching experience is desirable.
June 1 for the following summer semester
December 1 for the following winter semester
Applications for Hope College (USA), Amherst College (USA), University of Colorado Boulder (USA) and the McMaster University (Canada) are only accepted during the Winter semester (i.e. by December 1st).
The length of stay is usually one semester, although in exceptional cases the stay can be extended to two semesters.
For the exchange programmes with Hope College, Amherst College, the University of Colorado Boulder, the standard period of stay is two semesters,as these programmes are offered in conjunction with a one-year language teaching assistantship.
Please apply thorugh our Online application
Complete the forms, upload the required documents and confirm your application. After the selection committee has met, applicants will be informed as to the status of their application and successful applicants will be nominated for studies at the partner institution.
- Motivation statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificate of qualification for university matriculation (high school certificate or diploma)
- Transcript of Records
- Proof of language proficiency*
- Documentation of voluntary work, internships, etc.
*Further information on language proficiency tests and certificates is available at Zentrale Einrichtung für Sprachen und Schlüsselqualifikationen (ZESS).
For information on possible scholarships, please visit us during our office hours.
An overview of scholarships can be found here.