The University of Göttingen is an internationally renowned research university with a long tradition. Since its foundation in 1737, the University of Göttingen is committed to the values associated with the Age of Enlightenment: social responsibility in scholarship and science, democracy, tolerance and justice. With 13 faculties, it covers a wide range of subjects in the sciences, humanities, social sciences and medicine.
In Göttingen, international researchers find excellent research infrastructure, extensive advisory and support services, and a cosmopolitan and inspiring environment.
The Welcome Centre offers advice and support for international professors and postdocs in Göttingen in preparing and carrying out a stay of one month or more.
Doing Research at the University of Göttingen
- Doing Research at the University of Göttingen
- Research foci at the University of Göttingen
- The Göttingen Nobel Prize Wonder
- International Cooperations
Research in Germany
Application via the University of Göttingen
- Mobility for the Purpose of Teaching (STA)
- DAAD Funding Possibilities
- DAAD Funding Possibilities for Postdocs
- DAAD Programme "Ostpartnerschaften" (Eastern Partnerships)
Application at Other Institutions
The International Office
The Welcome Centre is not barrier-free. Please contact us if you need assistance.