Dr. Sebastian Kunte was a GlobalFood member from 2012-2015. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
- Project Manager (Program Area Economics) at Joachim Herz Foundation in Hamburg, Germany (07/2017-)
- Fellow at the Ministry for Economic Affairs, Science and Digital Society in Thuringia, Germany (01/2016-06/2017)
DFG Research Training Group "GlobalFood"
Subproject C1: Contract farming and contract design
- 04/2012 - 07/2015: PhD in Economics
Georg-August-University of Göttingen
Dissertation: "Contractual Relationships in the Absence of Formal Enforcement: Experimental Evidence from Germany and Kenya" (Supervision: Prof. Meike Wollni, Prof. Matin Qaim, Prof. Claudia Keser)
- 10/2009 - 02/2012: M.Sc. in Economics
University of Erfurt
- 10/2005 - 09/2008: B.A. in Staatswissenschaften (Economics, Political Science, Sociology) and Communication Science
University of Erfurt
- 04/2012 - 07/2015: Research associate, Research Training Group (RTG) Transformation of Global Agri-Food Systems (GlobalFood), Georg-August University Göttingen
- 06/2014 - 07/2014: Visiting researcher, Busara Center for Behavioral Economics (Innovations for Poverty Action), Nairobi, Kenya
- 10/2011 - 03/2012: Intern at Heinrich Böll Foundation Thuringia
- 04/2011 - 07/2011: Student assistant at the Chair of Macroeconomics, University of Erfurt (Prof. Tobias Rötheli)
- 08/2009 - 05/2011: Project manager at CGE Erfurt e.V., organization and coordination of several international conferences and seminars on the European Union, active citizenship and political education (funding programs of the European Commission)
- 09/2006 - 08/2008: Student Assistant at Diakonie Central Germany
- Kunte, S. (forthcoming). The Regional Nudger: Wie Erkenntnisse der Verhaltensökonomie die Regionalpolitik und die politische Praxis auf Länderebene verbessern können. Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik.
- Kunte, S., Wollni, M., Keser, C. (2017). Making it personal: breach and private ordering in a contract farming experiment. European Review of Agricultural Economics. 44(1): 121-48.
- Kunte, S. (2015). Contractual relationships in the absence of formal enforcement: Experimental evidence from Germany and Kenya. Dissertation, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Göttingen.
- Kunte, S., Wollni, M. (2015). Risky environments, hidden knowledge, and preferences for contract flexibility: an artefactual field experiment. GlobalFood Discussion Paper Series, No. 69, Göttingen.
- Experimental and behavioral economics
- Institutional economics and economic policy
- Development economics
- Behavioral game theory