Dr. Thai Thuy Pham was a GlobalFood member from 2013-2017. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Director, Center for Research on Socio-Economic and Environment
Institute of Applied Research and Development
Hung Vuong university in Phu Tho province, Vietnam
Dr. Thai Thuy Pham
Date of birth
June 8th, 1982
- Why are small farmers dropping out of high-value chains: The cases of speciality rice in the Red River Delta of Vietnam
- Improving Agricultural Cooperatives' Capacity Contributing to Sustainable Rural Development in Northern Midlands and Mountain Areas of Vietnam: The case of Phu Tho province.
- Upgrading indigenous vegetable and pork value chains towards sustainable development in Northern Vietnam
- Rural tourism and community development in Xuan Son commune, Tan Son district, funded by the Action on Poverty (AOP), Australia.
- Assessing the impact of the geographical indication protection policy on specialty agricultural products in Vietnam
- Assessing the impact of economic region linkage in Northern Vietnam region on socio-economic development of Phu Tho province in the context of international integration
- Learning Routes and Sustainable Development in Agricultural Value Chain in Vietnam
- 2014 - 2017: Ph.D. in Economics, RTG 1666: GlobalFood, University of Göttingen, Germany. Thesis: Speciality Rice Adoption, Collective Action and Marketing Channel Choice: Insights from Vietnam (Download)
- Master of Economics (2008), Hanoi University of Agriculture, Vietnam.
- Bachelor of Agricultural Economics (2004), Hanoi University of Agriculture No.1, Vietnam.
- Since 09/2018 – now: Hung Vuong University, Director, Center for Research on Socio-Economic and Environment. Main tasks: Doing research and Lecturing in agricultural value chain, economic analysis, sustainable economics for master level.
- 06/2017 – 08/2018, Hung Vuong University, Head of the Department of economics and business, Lecturer. Main subjects: Lecturing in: Theory of economics, agricultural economics, econometrics and economic mathematical models, Nong Trang, Viet Tri, Phutho, Vietnam.
- 06/2013 – 05/2017, RTG GlobalFood, SP A1: Supply chain governance standards, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany.
- 2009 – 05/2013, Hung Vuong University, Department of economics and business, Lecturer. Main subjects: Lecturing in: Theory of economics, agricultural economics, econometrics and economic mathematical models, Nong Trang, Viet Tri, Phutho, Vietnam.
- 2007 – 2009, Freelance-Consultant, Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development (IPSARD), Rural Development Center (RUDEC), Researcher. Main duties: Conduct researches on community development, rural development, and farmer organizations, Thuy Khue, Tay Ho, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- 2004 – 2006, Vietnam Agricultural Science Institute (VASI), Agrarian Systems Department, Researcher. Main duties: Conduct researches on rural economics, agricultural commodity chain, and Designation of Origin, An Khanh, Hoai Duc, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- International high-value chains, supply chain management
- Collective Action and Farms Association
- Linking small farmers to markets
- Rural development and community development
- Pham, T.T. (2017). Speciality Rice Adoption, Collective Action and Marketing Channel Choice: Insights from Vietnam. PhD thesis, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Göttingen. http://hdl.handle.net/11858/00-1735-0000-0023-3E38-4
- Pham, T.T., T.A. Dao, L. Theuvsen. (2017). Determinants of Specialty Rice Adoption by Smallholder Farmers in the Red River Delta of Vietnam. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 105, University of Goettingen. http://www.uni-goettingen.de/de/213486.html.
- Nguyen, N.A., T.T. Pham, T.T.S. Tran. (2019). Assessment of Labor Export Activities in Vietnam. Journal of Asian Review of Public Affairs and Policy (ARPAP), Khon Kaen University. https://arpap.kku.ac.th/index.php/arpap/issue/view/13
- Pham, T.T., L. Theuvsen., V. Otter (2016). Determinants of Smallholder Farmers’ Marketing Choice: Evidence from the Rice Sector in Vietnam; IFAMA 26th Annual World Conference; Aarhus, Denmark
- Pham, T.T., L. Theuvsen., V. Otter (2016). Collective Action Effects on Farm Productivity and Efficiency of Rice Producers in Vietnam; Tropentag Vienna 2016; Vienna, Austria
- Pham, T.T., L. Theuvsen (2017). Contribution of Rice production to Rural Development in Vietnam, Rural Development Conference, Bangkok, Thailand
- Pham, T.T., N. Thamthanakoon., I.Y. Huang., J. Eastham., V. Otter (2017). A Comparative Study of Farmers’ Marketing Channels Decisions and Performance between Vietnam and Thailand, ISBE 2017 conference, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Pham, T.T., V.C. Le., T.T.T Le (2018). Contribution of Tourism to Socio-Economic Development in the Midland and Mountainous Areas of Northern Vietnam, the 9th NEU-KKU International Conference on Socio-Economic and Environmental Issues in Development, Phu Tho, Vietnam
- Nguyen, N.A., T.T. Pham., T.T.S. Tran (2019). Factors Affecting the Decision of Choosing Export Labour Markets of Rural Workers – Case in Phu Tho Province, 10th NEU-KKU International Conference on Socio-Economic and Environmental Issues in Development, Phu Tho, Vietnam, Labour-Social Publishing House (ISBN: 978-604-65-4174-5)
- Pham, T.T., C.N. Phan., S.D. Ngo., T.L. Pham (2019). Improving Agricultural Cooperatives' Capacity Contributing to Sustainable Rural Development in Northern Midlands and Mountain Areas of Vietnam: The case of Phu Tho province, the 3rd ISAT and 17th ISBB 2019, Harmonization of smart and sustainable agriculture, Krabi, Thailand