Dr. Kibrom T. SibhatuKey areas of expertise/Research Interests
Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Sibhatu, K.T., Qaim, M. (2017). Rural food security, subsistence agriculture, and seasonality. PLoS ONE 12(10): e0186406. https://doi.org/ 10.1371/journal.pone.0186406.
2. Qaim M., Sibhatu K.T., Krishna V.V. (2016). Market access and farm household dietary diversity. International Journal for Rural Development 50 (1): 12-14.
3. Sibhatu K.T., Krishna V.V., Qaim M. (2015). Production diversity and dietary diversity in smallholder farm households. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 112 (34): 10657-10662.
4. Sibhatu K.T., Krishna V.V., Qaim M. (2015). Reply to Berti: Relationship between production and consumption diversity remains small also with modified diversity measures. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 112 (42): E5657.
5. Sibhatu K.T., Krishna V.V., Qaim M. (2015). Reply to Remans et al.: Strengthening markets is key to promote sustainable agricultural and food systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 112 (45): E6083.
Working Papers and other Publications
1. Sibhatu K.T. (2017). Farm Production Diversity and Dietary Diversity in Smallholder Farm Households. PhD. Dissertation, University of Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany.
2. Sibhatu K.T., Qaim M. (2016). Farm production diversity and dietary quality: Linkages and measurement issues. GlobalFood Discussion Paper 80, Georg-August University of Goettingen.
3. Sibhatu K.T. (2013). Analysis of Subsistence Rainfed Farmers’ Perception and Adaptation Strategies for Climate Variability and Change in the Highlands of Eritrea: The Case of Areas with Poor Potential for Irrigation. MSc Thesis, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan.
1. Sibhatu K.T., Qaim M. (2017). Own Production, Market Purchases, And Seasonal Food Availability In Ethiopian Farm Households. XV EAAE Congress, Parma, Italy.
2. Sibhatu K.T., Qaim M. (2017). Farm production diversity and dietary quality: Linkages and measurement issues. 3rd GlobalFood Symposium, Goettingen, Germany.
3. Qaim, M., Sibhatu, K.T. (2017). On the link between production diversity and dietary quality in smallholder farm households, 3rd International Conference Hidden Hunger, Stuttgart, Germany.
4. Sibhatu, K.T., Krishna, V.V. Qaim, M. (2015). Farm Production diversity and Dietary diversity in Developing Countries, Organized by American Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics and Western Association of Agricultural Economists, San Francisco, U.S.A.
5. Sibhatu, K.T. (2012). Determinates of Microcredit Repayment Performance of Group Based Beneficiaries of SMCP & ACORD in Eritrea: A case study of Subsistence Farmers, Organized by The Agricultural Economics Society of Japan, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
Tigrinya (Mother Language), English (Fluent), Amharic (Advanced), German (Basic), Japanese (Basic)