Examination Office of the Faculty of Humanities
Dear Students, welcome to the website of the Examination Office!
The Examination Office of the Faculty of Humanities is in charge of all Bachelor and Master degree programmes of the faculty. In addition it also supervises the doctoral process. In the B.A. and M.A. courses the staff of the Examination Office manage your entire period of studies for you with the help of the examination management software FlexNow, they advise you about all examination related queries and at the end of your academic programme they prepare your degree certificate.
The staff members of the Examination Office are the right contact for all examination system related queries. Contact them preferably by e-mail. If necessary, you can also approach the specific person responsible for you in the examination office during the consulting hours with all queries related to the examination and examination components. You will find the consulting timings, contact details and the persons in-charge of various subjects here
The Examination Office would be glad to advise you particularly in these areas:
- Reconciliation of examination prerequisites recorded in FlexNow
- Verifying your periods of studies with reference to achievements still lacking for your degree
- Examination modalities
- Entering authentications
- Problems using FlexNow
- Registration of your B.A. and M.A. thesis as well as questions regarding the degree procedure
- Queries regarding filling out the certificate application (in particular “voluntary additional modules”)
- Problems while printing out BAföG (student loans and grants) supporting documents via FlexNow
- Advice for change of subject (in particular for work already completed)
- Composition of the areas professionalisation and key competencies
- Processing applications for studying as a guest student (non enrolled student)
- Advice regarding registration for doctoral studies
Please note: The release of examination results will be done directly in the subjects. Therefore, related queries have to be addressed to the departments or institutes, not to the examination office.
Module packages in the Master’s degree programme of the Faculty of Humanities
The registration of the module packages in FlexNow for students who have been admitted to a Master's programme of the Faculty of Humanities for a winter semester takes place from mid-November, for admissions to a summer semester from mid-May. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact the Coordination of Master of Arts Programmes. As a general rule, Master's students for whom the registration of their module package(s) is urgent can also contact the Examinations Office staff member responsible for the main subject by e-mail. In this case, please send a scan of your admission letter.
Submission of Theses
Theses must be submitted exclusively in electronic form via the Flexnow upload portal. Please do not send paper versions. The upload is possible until 23:59 on the last day of the processing period (see your admission mail).