In publica commoda

Researching Internationally

If you are planning a teaching- or research-related stay abroad, or if you intend to visit the University of Göttingen for these purposes, you will find helpful information on the following pages. As a matter of course, you can contact us anytime; we will be gladly assisting you with your inquiries.

Research and teaching in Göttingen

  • The Welcome Centre of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen is the central service institution for international scientists and scholars from abroad who are staying in Göttingen for at least one month. It provides information and specific assistance regarding all subjects and in all areas which could be of importance for the stay in Göttingen.
  • The portal EURAXESS offers broad information concerning the implementation of a research stay in Germany as well as on scholarships and sponsoring possibilities.
  • The Alexander-von-Humboldt Foundation (AvH) provides different sponsoring possibilities for scientists and scholars who already hold a doctorate degree and plan a research stay in Germany.
  • The scholarship-database of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a great selection of sponsoring possibilities for scholars and scientists holding a doctorate degree as well as for university lecturers who are interested in a research stay in Germany.

Research and teaching abroad

  • The European EURAXESS-portal offers broad information on scholarships, sponsoring possibilities and job opportunities for a research stay abroad.
  • The European Union (EU) supports mobility of researchers with the different Marie-Curie measures.
  • The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funds the mobility of scientists by means of individual measures and partnership programmes. For further information, please contact The International Office.
  • Within the scope of the Erasmus+-Programme, short-term lectureships at European partner universities are supported. For further information, please contact The International Office.