In publica commoda

Financing university studies and part-time jobs for students

Most students finance their studies from several sources. When private support – usually from parents – is not enough, you should contact the Studentenwerk to find out if you qualify for a BAföG grant from the German government.
Many students work alongside their studies. The University’s Student Job Exchange and the job placement and student recruitment services of the Federal Labour Office provide postings of open positions.
Specially gifted and actively committed students should try to apply for a scholarship. Besides the traditional routes of applying for scholarships through Endowments for the Gifted or through Foundations, programmes such as the Germany Scholarship, organised by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, have been put in place on both the Federal and State levels in the past years.
There are also additional financial grants offered to students planning to study abroad.