Dr. Dirk Landmann was a GlobalFood member from 2015-2018. The information on this site reflects the status at the point of leaving GlobalFood.
Occupation after leaving GlobalFood
Project Manager, GFA Consulting Group GmbH and
General Agent of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture
Dr. Dirk Landmann
- Capacity Development
- Extension Service
- Agricultural Training
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Innovation Platforms/ Networks
- International Value Chains
- Gender aspects regarding agricultural training of small-scale farmers
- Geographical influence on the small-scale farmers usage of ICT
- 07/2018 - 11/2018 Post-doctoral researcher at the Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development, Research Training Group 'GlobalFood'
- 04/2015 - 06/2018 Research associate at GlobalFood Research Training Group
- 04/2017 - 07/2017 Research fellow at Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (Department of Economics), Uppsala, Sweden
- 04/2016 - 07/2016 Administrator and Manager of Field Work and Data Collection (Bihar, India)
- 06/2014 - 12/2014 Research fellow at International Livestock Research Institute – ILRI (Nairobi, Kenya/ Nicaragua)
- 10/2013 - 04/2014 Trainee at LELY Deutschland GmbH (Department Marketing & Communication)
- 07/2010 - 10/2010 Agriculturalist on crop farm Richard Yaggie (Minnesota, USA)
- 07/2009 - 10/2009 Agriculturalist on dairy farm Grupo Chiavassa (Region Santa Fe, Argentina)
- 08/2008 - 07/2009 Farming Assistant on Research and Training Farm Ruthe
- 08/2007 - 07/2008 Farming Assistant on Cord Möhlenhof mixed farm
- 04/2015 - 07/2018 Ph.D. in Agricultural Science at Georg-August-University Göttingen/ Dissertation: "Capacity development of small-scale farmers in developing countries: Analysis of preferences and the role of information and communication technologies" (Download)
- 05/2012 - 03/2015 M.Sc. in Agricultural Science (Agribusiness) at Georg-August-University Göttingen/ Thesis: "Influence of trust on capacity development within the members and influenced groups of the Nicaraguan Learning Alliance" (Download)
- 10/2009 - 04/2012 B.Sc. in Agricultural Science (Economical and Social Science of Agriculture) at Georg-August-University Göttingen/ Thesis: "Food scandals and recent studies in the context of antibiotics application- Potential for alternative treatment therapies?"
- 08/2007 - 07/2009 Vocational education in agriculture
Peer-reviewed publications or book chapters
- Landmann, D. H., C. Lagerkvist, V. Otter (2020). Determinants of Small-Scale Farmers’ Intention to Use Smartphones for Generating Agricultural Knowledge in Developing Countries: Evidence from Rural India. European Journal of Development Research. Available here
- Landmann, D. H., & Cadilhon, J-J. (2018). The role of trust and networks in developing Nicaraguan farmers’ agribusiness capacities. Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics 119(1): 65-78
- Landmann, D. H., Lagerkvist, C. J. and Otter, V. (2017). Determinants of Smallholder Farmers´ Intention to Use Smartphones- Evidence from Rural India In Ruckelshausen, A. et al. (Editor) Digitale Transformation- Wege in eine zukunftsfähige Landwirtschaft (p.93 – 96) Bonn, Germany, Gesellschaft für Informatik
- Landmann, D. H., & Cadilhon, J.-J. (2016). With Trust and a Little Help from Our Friends: how the Nicaragua Learning Alliance Scaled-up Training in Agribusiness In Dror, I. et al. (Editor) Innovation Platforms for Agricultural Development (p.16 - 41) New York, USA: Routledge. Available here
- Landmann, D.H. (2018). Capacity development of small-scale farmers in developing couuntries: Analysis of preferences and the role of information and communication technologies. PhD thesis, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Göttingen. http://hdl.handle.net/11858/00-1735-0000-002E-E505-2
- Landmann, D. H., Kimmig, S. and Lagerkvist, C. J. (2018). Understanding the relationship between trainers’ qualification, learning success and satisfaction for agricultural capacity development in rural Bihar. GlobalFood Discussion Paper Nr. 118
- 09/2018 Tropentag. Landmann, D. H., S. Kimmig, C.-J. Lagerkvist, "Relationship Between trainers' Qualification, Learning Success and Satisfaction for Agricultural Capacity Development in Bihar, India"
- 07/2018 IAAE Congress. Landmann, D. H., J.-H. Feil, C.-J. Lagerkvist, V. Otter, "Designing capacity development activities of small-scale farmers in developing countries based on discrete choice experiments"
- 09/2017 Tropentag. Presentation: Perrousset E., Landmann, D. H, "Promoting Agroecological Practices among Cambodian Smallholder Farmers - Which Incentives Work?"
- 09/2017 EAAE Congress. Presentation: Landmann, D. H., C.-J. Lagerkvist, V. Otter "Agricultural Capacity Development via Smartphones: Drivers of Farmers’ Intention to Use"
- 06/2017 IFAMA Scientific Research Symposium. Presentation: Landmann, D., C.-J. Lagerkvist, V. Otter "Prospects for Agricultural Extension via Smartphones in Developing Countries: Evidence from an Extended Theory-of-Planned-Behaviour Analysis"
- 04/2017 GlobalFood Symposium. Presentation: Landmann, D. H., C.-J. Lagerkvist, V. Otter, J.-H. Feil "Investigating Preferences of Small-scale Farmers in Developing Countries for Capacity Development Programs"
- 03/2017 GIL-Conference. Presentation: Landmann, D. H., C.-J. Lagerkvist, V. Otter "Determinants of Smallholder Farmers' Intention to use Smartphones - Evidence from Rural India" Paper
- 06/2015 IFAMA Scientific Research Symposium. Presentation: Landmann, D. H., J.-J. Cadilhon "The Influence of Trust in the Nicaraguan Learning Alliance on Capacity Development of Members and Other Influenced Groups" Presentation Paper
- 09/2015 Tropentag. Presentation: Landmann, D. H., J.-J. Cadilhon
- 06/2015 IFAMA Scientific Research Symposium. Landmann, D. H., J.-J. Cadilhon, "The Influence of Trust in the Nicaraguan Learning Alliance on Capacity Development of Members and Other Influenced Groups"
International Experience during the education
- 03/2015 Agricultural Excursion in Myanmar
- 02/2015 Winter school - Exploring Siberia 2015 in Russia
- 05/2013 - 08/2013 Exchange-Semester in Puebla (Mexico)
- 03/2013 Agricultural Excursion in Thailand
- 09/2012 Summer school - Agriculture in Kyrgyzstan
- 09/2011 - 02/2012 ERASMUS-Semester in Valencia (Spain)
- 08/2011 Summer school - Innovations in Russian agriculture
- 07/2004 - 06/2005 High school exchange to Santiago de Chile
Social activities and responsibilities
- Member of GlobalFood executive board (04/2017 - 06/2018)
- Leader of students group: “AG-Milk” (04/2015 - 06/2018)
- Supervisor of international students (2010 - 2018)
- Member of students group: “AG-Milk”- related to milk value chain (2009 - 2015)